Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 intake question

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS6 intake question

I have a 98 z, mods listed in my sig. i still have the ls1 intake, how much would i benefit from a ls6 intake with such minimal mods? Im not planning to do Long tubes, but that could change come spring time when i can afford to do it. But for 300-450 bucks can i justify that money with the power gains?
Thanks fellas
Travis
Old 01-09-2004, 07:09 PM
12 Second Club

For the money, I would do headers first (like a set of new Pacesetters or find used ones) unless you can get a really good deal on an intake. You should see a better gain with the headers than with the intake (alot of people get about 10 rwhp from the LS6 intake on a mildly modded car).

I got lucky and hot my headers DIRT cheap.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:12 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i'd do it. think of it as a collective gain.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it would be great for future mods. i would wait cause i bet u will see some for sale real cheap after the lsx comes out. and if the lsx does put out 2 times more power than the ls6 just get it at less then 2 times the price of an ls6 but more than 2 times the power. that would sell me on the lsx... we will have to see cause i dont think its gonna be that great
Old 01-09-2004, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

maybe ill wait it out...i have to do some repairs, drivers side fender, bumper cover, head light, and hood got slightly damaged in a fender bender. i was hoping to pull a bunch of **** apart and while someone is doing the othe rwork i could throw on some other bolt ons, maybe it'll be a set of pace setters, who is selling them on our sponser sites? without a tune would lt's be worth it? cause if im gonna get a tune i dont wanna tune it right after the header install, then put some more **** on it and throw it off and have to have it recalibrated ya know. but if id see like 15 rwhp out of some lt's without a tune and even more with a tune id do it.
thanks fellas
Travis