Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header coating

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 03:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header coating

I just Bought a set of used SLP LTs, y-pipe and cats, but they all have a very rough finish where the coating has I guess burned off. My question is how can I recoat them so they have a nicer aperance on my car I thought about powder coating them but I doubt that that will wistand the heat. Any help you guys can give me would be great. Thanks
Old 01-10-2004, 09:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If they have a very rough coating on them, it's very possible they are stainless steel (a good thing). Find out from who you bought them from. Otherwise, there are lots of places that do coating for all about the same price (Jet Hot, local places, etc...).
Old 01-10-2004, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

what is this coating called is it ceramic?
Old 01-10-2004, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it possible that it might be surface rust??? If so you can probably polish it off with some good metal polish... And yes ceramic is the name for the high temp coating.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:36 AM
Staging Lane

Its rusted but I dont know how bad it is I still havent gotten home to see them yet. I would rather get them finished in some thing I dont have to worry about cleaning them or them rusting up. thats why I thought aboput powder coat but like I said I dont know if that can take the heat.