Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bad Vibrations

Changed stock motor mounts for poly mounts (motor & transmission) and now at about 2,350rpm and 80mph my A4 car has a bad vibration; so bad my center console around the gear selector rattles. Below and above 2,350rpm and 80mph there are no problems.

The wheels/tires are aligned and balanced and are as smooth as silk so I believe this system is not the culprit. The suspension and chassis are all in working order with no failing or failed components.

Any thoughts?
Old 05-17-2010, 11:05 AM
12 Second Club

Get a stock tranny mount.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:17 PM
Staging Lane

Yes get a stock tranny mount from a GM dealer. Most dealers usually stock them for about 70-80 bucks.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:08 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by nitrousjunky
Yes get a stock tranny mount from a GM dealer. Most dealers usually stock them for about 70-80 bucks.
That is a waste a money IMO when you can buy them anywhere for 7 bucks. the 1le mount is no more.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had this same issue, and was completely stumped as to what was wrong. I didn't think installing poly mounts would create such a harsh ride, so I didn't even think about changing them. I assumed the tires were out of balance, so I had them rebalanced. That didn't fix it, so I assumed it might be the converter. So I did some reading, and rotated the convter one hole... nope, no fix. So I did a little more reading here on tech, and people said to try and change the poly trans mount back to a stocker. Surprise surprise it fixed the issue. Now all cars are not alike. A lot of people can run poly mounts without issue... I was not one of those people. Try a stocker and see if it's any better. Sorry for the long post, but although it may seem hard to believe, the poly trans mount probably is your problem. Good luck!
Old 05-18-2010, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mine has been giving me the same vibration...think I will change my tranny mount!