Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

COIL upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 06:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 7camaro7
My numbers are SAE and not STD.

My numbers are SAE and not STD.

SAE, which produces the same numbers no matter what time of year or the temp for a given set of mods levels the playing field. apples to apples

STD is inaccurate because on a cold day it looks like you've got way more power than you had than in say the summer of the same year. apples to oranges to potatoes. You can get a million different dyno numbers as long as the environment keeps changing. SAE corrects for all that and makes the numbers comparable. That's how it puts it into perspective.
Wow, you really have no idea what your talking about........ I'm not even going to start in on this. Your just 100% wrong!

If someone else happens to also understand this stuff maybe they can try to help you. I have a feeling youll argue any facts I give with your nonsense youve picked up somewhere else. Dont feel bad 75% of people on the forums are the exact same way.

Last edited by SweetS10V8; 05-21-2010 at 07:08 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djfury05
uhh I dynoed 349rwhp and 367 tq with headers/tune..... that doesn't put anything into any perspective..

If your car is a high mileage car OP then you may see a slight increase due to a renewed stronger spark coming from the 6.0 coils. Look at the thread where the guy gained some 18hp or some ****, the car had high mileage... some report no gain. Any your going to have to dish out more money to have ur tuner put the dwell time tables in and all that jazz.. it ain't worth it to me personally
What will happen if the D585s are installed w/o a tune fro the dwell time?
Old 05-21-2010, 11:47 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I had seen some improvement in back to back dyno pulls without tuning for them. This is not to say it wasn't an anomoly in the dyno. However, the car did run better and others have reported the same. I do have a tune for them now tho.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 427LS7HCI
What will happen if the D585s are installed w/o a tune fro the dwell time?
If d585s are dwelled too long they will "timeout". This just means it will spark before commanded to save itself from overheating and dying.

Ive had them on my truck for a while, and I found an OEM truck with them also. I downloaded that tune and put in the correct dwell settings for my coils. I didnt get the coils because of some "performance enhancment" either. Just happened to be the ones I got.