Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ran into a problem yesterday with intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ran into a problem yesterday with intake

currently i have the k&n intake system. i ordered the slp system while i was deployed and im trying to put all my parts on. but the problem i have is that i didnt know the slp system needed the stock intake setup. i no longer have the stock. now is there anyone that has come to this problem? if so what might i do to customize it to work or where could i order the stock system so i can set the slp system up correctly?
Old 06-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Launching!

What specific component of the K&N system does not let you install everything else? Pics would be helpful too.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Teching In

the k&n system just came with a metal base plate which replaced the plastic piece that the lid goes over. now that metal air inductor that goes in front of the radiator that came with the slp system is covered over by the k&n base plate and there is no where to bolt the slp system up to
Old 06-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just go to ebay or at the FS section and buy a used stock radiator support and either stock bellow or fancy one coupler.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i had to do the same thing. the SLP lid uses the stock lower air box. when you have the lower air box off, do the free ram air mod.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Teching In

i dont have that lower air box, so did you do it without any of that plastic stuff? cause i got the full slp system but it only comes with the top airbox lid and filter with the other hoses and stuff
Old 06-03-2010, 03:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Widow_Maker
i dont have that lower air box, so did you do it without any of that plastic stuff? cause i got the full slp system but it only comes with the top airbox lid and filter with the other hoses and stuff
you pretty much have to have that lower air box to hold the filter as well as hold the radiator in place. i cant see it working with without the lower air box.

FWIW, i picked mine up for around 30 bucks shipped.