Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to replace manifolds / Y but keep the Y-back

Old 06-16-2010, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to replace manifolds / Y but keep the Y-back

My question to you is which Y pipes work best when mating up to the rest of the stock system? I'm looking for something inexpensive (not cheap!) that will work. Thanks!

PS Right now I'm looking at some Hooker Super Comp. painted headers and a Hooker Y with a 2.75" outlet diameter. I thought the stock Y outlet was 2.5"?
Old 06-16-2010, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe what you're trying to say is, you'd like to install a set of Longtube Headers and and Aftermarket y-pipe and retain the factory Catback. Is this correct?

If so, you should have no problem installing the Hooker LTs and Y-pipe to the I-pipe of the factory catback.

The exit on the factory Y-pipe is 2 3/4" and so is the exit on the Hooker ORY you mentioned.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your install.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is exactly what I was trying to say. Thank you for the help
Old 06-16-2010, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to help.

You say you're looking for inexpensive LTs/ORY. Rather than the Hooker Setup, you may want to consider a set of Pacesetter Coated Longtubes and a Texas Speed Off Road Y-pipe.

Texas Speed sells the combo for just under $500 plus shipping. Definitely a good deal on some affordable, but quality performance parts. Heres a link...

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...id=182&catid=8
Old 06-17-2010, 08:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I got my pacesetters and tsp ory and its probly the cheapest route you can go besides buyin the stuff used. My car already had a borla on it so I didnt use the stock cb but it would have worked. I just may have had to expand or cutdown some pipe thats all. You might have to do that with the stocker. You never know till you go to connect the pipe

Search this Thread