Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arcing coilpack..

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a follow up, because I hate when people post a "what's wrong with my car thread" and then never post up what they found out..

Looks like my pack was indeed bad.. After a few days of running, it started doing it's "thing" again.. I got a replacement pack and and it's running fine..
Old 07-24-2010, 10:55 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Agreed on the "don't go with MSD coils" advice. I would think your arcing coil pack has a cracked housing allowing the cores to be exposed. The spark would rather follow the path of lest resistance. The truck coil upgrade is pretty nice but it's not quite a bolt on job, you'll need the correct coils, brackets and harnesses and do some fooling with stuff that's in the way.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Well felt some misfiring and decided to open the hood and now arcing the length of the block. From front to back so not sure which one is bad but looking for some new ones as well! lol I think Im going to go with the truck packs. Question though, I am running FAST fuel rails and wondering if I wanted to go with the truck packs if I need to tweak anything? They sit pretty high just not sure if high enough? Thanks guys
Old 08-25-2012, 04:48 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Italiabrat
Well felt some misfiring and decided to open the hood and now arcing the length of the block.
HUH???

Originally Posted by Italiabrat
I think Im going to go with the truck packs. Question though, I am running FAST fuel rails and wondering if I wanted to go with the truck packs if I need to tweak anything? They sit pretty high just not sure if high enough? Thanks guys
You'll need to do some fab work to get them to fit. Worth the effort in engine response. Don't forget to get the PCM tuned for them.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:07 PM
TECH Addict

How are you guys testing these packs?
Old 08-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Teching In

Arching from the plate, but not just in one spot but the length of the plate

Quick Reply: Arcing coilpack..