Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Neck.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Oil Neck.

I've got a taller oil neck which is too tall for the strut tower brace I was going to put on.

I've heard mixed responses about removing the oil neck, can it be done by pushing down/twisting then pulling or does the valve cover need to be removed?

Also can I run just the cap and get rid of the neck completely or is better to just put the smaller neck back in?
Old 07-09-2010, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to my knowledge you can run just the cap. You may be able to take the filler neck off without taking off the VC but it would be a pain in the ***. There is a little plastic tab in the inside you have to pick up as you twist the neck.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Years ago when I fought with this same problem, I ended up having to remove the valve cover, and then ended up breaking the neck getting it out. You can just run the cap on the valve cover itself if you desire...I did that for a while until I got my custom ones done.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will the cap go on by itself with an modification or is it too close to the coil bracket?