Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers..what to do plz help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 08:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Headers..what to do plz help!!

i live in the freaking middle east, ive been looking for long tubes for a while now and havent found any here locally...ive looked online too but shipping is always an issue! they charge 200 dollars at least for a 200 dollars ebay headers! that is not fair! lol yest i found flow tech headers for 270 dollars but are they good? am afraid to buy them! and today ive found a guy in here whos selling his pacesetter we had a deal for 200 dollars shipping will cost again 200 dollars WHAT TO DO ?!!! buying the flowtech for 270$ or get used pacesetter for around 350-400$?? advise plz! thanks.

ps:getting long tubes to get my true duals done!
Old 07-22-2010, 10:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

flowtech sucks- their flangers suck- and usally warp and you wil have an exhaust leak- I have seen this first hand on 2 cars trying to go cheap. I have had my pacestters on my car for 5 years now w/o any problems. They are a great bang for the buck in the header department.

You may want to look at the texas speed and performance 1 7/8's headers- cheap but are also a nice header.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

beings you live in the middle east, i think you just have to deal with the shipping costs...goes with the territory.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:16 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Where are you in the middle east? I can point you in the right direction. If you want email Anthony@americanracingheaders.com.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AnthonyARH
Where are you in the middle east? I can point you in the right direction. If you want email Anthony@americanracingheaders.com.

wow thanks. hope hes near. i live in united arab emirates-Dubai. i will email him now

flowtech sucks- their flangers suck- and usally warp and you wil have an exhaust leak- I have seen this first hand on 2 cars trying to go cheap. I have had my pacestters on my car for 5 years now w/o any problems. They are a great bang for the buck in the header department.

You may want to look at the texas speed and performance 1 7/8's headers- cheap but are also a nice header.
Today 08:49 AM
I guessed so. ill stick to pacesetter and pay some more. but paying 200$ for shiping really sucks! thanks.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by omarrakeen
wow thanks. hope hes near. i live in united arab emirates-Dubai. i will email him now
No he's not near, he just gave you his own e-mail address. AnthonyARH is with American racing headers, who makes some of the absolute best headers for our cars. They aren't cheap, they cost about $800 USD for us here in the states, but like I said, they're the best. I'd say yeah sure e-mail him, sounds like he might know how to help you out.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:56 PM
TECH Addict

^ oh ok i got my self excited then lol i already emailed him but 800$ are too much for me now...thanks.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd just get some new SS ebay or used coated pacesetters with real low miles. You just need headers and the cheapest header is going to become expensive for you b/c theres no way your going to get out of shipping so you'll just have to eat that cost so just buy a good cheap pair of headers, something that lasts long like SS or at least coated at a minimum. I just bought pacestters bc i wanted a good fitment when i want to do my install and didnt want to have to weld up some air fittings on the cheap SS ebay ones. also you gotta think about ur y-pipe if you go ebay idk what y would work when i TSP(who i bought my LT's from) makes a good y. I would get good gaskets and stuff to btw, so it adds up just go cheap headers are really headers your not going to see that great of a hp difference from one brand to another especially for the money one costs vs the other. you will have much better fitment with better top name headers like ARH, kooks, QTP, etc.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Banned

pace all the way flows suck!
Old 07-23-2010, 04:09 AM
TECH Addict

I'd just get some new SS ebay or used coated pacesetters with real low miles. You just need headers and the cheapest header is going to become expensive for you b/c theres no way your going to get out of shipping so you'll just have to eat that cost so just buy a good cheap pair of headers, something that lasts long like SS or at least coated at a minimum. I just bought pacestters bc i wanted a good fitment when i want to do my install and didnt want to have to weld up some air fittings on the cheap SS ebay ones. also you gotta think about ur y-pipe if you go ebay idk what y would work when i TSP(who i bought my LT's from) makes a good y. I would get good gaskets and stuff to btw, so it adds up just go cheap headers are really headers your not going to see that great of a hp difference from one brand to another especially for the money one costs vs the other. you will have much better fitment with better top name headers like ARH, kooks, QTP, etc.
yep totally true i think i made my mind up am going with pacesetter QuikTrip Long Tube Headers they are the cheapest i belive...just gna figure out when to ship. thanks guys.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

be sure to get coated though or theyl rust out way to quick.