Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most likely closed loop issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most likely closed loop issues

I finally got my exhaust sealed up and fixed and I am going for a tune on wednesday and I have something I want to see If I can iron out beforehand.

The exhaust pressure coming out of the pass side exhaust it noticeably weaker than the driver side (I am running true duals and no mufflers so there is no blockage). I originally thought I might be down a cylinder or actually random firing on a cylinder, as I had issues with 1 coil after putting the headers on basically firing when it wanted to.
I thought I got that fixed and I pulled the wire and put in a plug and it seemed to be firing fine comparable to another coil. Weird thing is that there is no code being thrown for a misfire. also the car doesnt feel like it has the power it should.

Now today I noticed that at cold startup both sides were equal as far as pressure. But as it warmed up, and I am assuming hitting closed loop, the pass side is noticeably weaker.

Is there anything i can look into before my tune so we dont hit a wall?

I pulled the front plug on pass side (the 1 i had coil trouble with a while back,I have since changed the plugs and they only have 100 miles on them) and it was darker than the other one I pulled. So it would seem that its not firing properly for some reason.

Again weird part being that its only when the car warms up does this happen.

Any suggestions on places to start troubleshooting before I waste time for the tune?

Thanks in advance.