Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls2 intake on ls1 map sensor location

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ls2 intake on ls1 map sensor location

im going to be using an aftermarket intake for an ls2 on my ls1 and so with that the map sensor location is moved to the front of the intake instead of the back. so would moving the map sensor to the front with an ls1 create a problem with the computer trying to read the sensor properly? and is there an extension harness that i can buy from someplace or do i just splice some extra wire into the harness to extend the sensor to the front of the intake. also there are some vacuum lines that would normally be installed on the back of the intake and with this intake there are no provisions for them, what do i do about this? thanx
Old 08-16-2010, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nobody has any info that can help me on this?
Old 08-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know what the back of your intake looks like but I am doing a ls3 swap in my 01 hawk and on the back of the intake there is a nipple that you break a T off and shove a pick thru opening up an port, hook your hvac line into just like ls1. As for the map sensor I plugged it into a 1/2" hose coupler and ran 1/2" line over the intake to the brake booster and t'd in at the booster. Haven't finished yet to see if it works but looks like it will. Hope it gives you an idea. If I am wrong hope sombody stops me before I finish.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well see the thing is that the provision for the map sensor on ls2 intakes is on the front passenger side, and mine is an aftermarket aluminum ls2 intake so i dont have to make a provision for it. my question is that using the ls1 computer and since the map sensor for an ls1 mounts to the back of the intake, would mounting it in the front with an ls2 using the ls1 computer would have any effect on the tune for the map sensor being relocated, such as the computer not reading the map sensor properly. and the other question is how would i mount the small vacuum line that would normally hookup to a nipple on the back of ls1 intakes hook it up to an ls2 intake?
Old 08-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Other members on here have moved the map sensor to the front in ls3 swaps in the ls3 map hole and rigged it in there. Others have t'd it into the smaller vacume line. If it were me I would just t the lines you need into another vacume hose. If nobody helps you try and figure it out you will atleast be able to try it.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hmmm, well i guess that answers my questions in a round about way. since you said nobody had issues with the relocation of the map sensor then im assuming that there wont be any problems with the computer not reading the map sensor correctly and i will look into the t-ing into other vacuum lines. thanx for the help

Quick Reply: ls2 intake on ls1 map sensor location