Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header Wrapping??

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 06:25 AM
ezz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
LOL, why does it seem I'm the only one finding it funny that people are suprised that under hood temps rose after LT's were installed? That should be a expected outcome.

For instance take the thickness of the stock manifolds. Its gonna take longer to full heat those & for them to emit similar heat to LT's. The primaries on LT's are far thinner than the stock castings.

And if you have a LS1 car how exactly do you think your heating a "intake tube" & what are you calling a intake tube? I have honestly never heard that when talkin about a LS1. The only way its gonna be sucking in engine bay air is if your running that K&N joke of a intake where the filter sits on top of the radiator support.

As far as your intake itself is concerned, its gonna get hot reguardless. Its a plastic intake sitting on top of aluminum heads. But its not gonna effect anything man. Look at how many guys have LT's & no one else is concerned with the extra heat. Not to mention once the car is running your suckin in air, its constantly pullin air in so its not just sitting in there getting hotter & hotter.

The air lid set-up with radiator shroud gets its air from under the car/in front of the radiator. The lower air dam also helps cool the radiator. Which is why you see people complain about overheating if they remove it.

Im glad that someone finally understood the heat I was talking about from the header change, and its true I have the K&N FIPK air filter. Back to the intake tube i was talking about is that plastic air intake tube i think it the one ypu were talking about. The filter actually sits behind the front head light so i had to drill in big hole under it to get more air flow into it, and when i tune the car or go for a drag race I actually take out the whole head light so basically its kindov sucking in a big load of hot air most of the time!! Im even scared of using my air-conditioner so that i wont pressure things more...

I know the heat is normal and I know their no leakage or anything, but you think that its ok to keep it that way?? Im gonna try to upload a pic of my engine bay set up so u can get a better picture...
Old 08-25-2010, 06:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man mine get hot too. I'm talkin hot enough if you stand beside the car while its idling at running temp with flip flops on you'll think your toes are gonna roast off, LOL.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:30 AM
ezz

Man mine get hot too. I'm talkin hot enough if you stand beside the car while its idling at running temp with flip flops on you'll think your toes are gonna roast off, LOL.
hahahahaha that happened quite alot of times with me loool... ok so its normal to keep it that way and it wont cuz damage to anything inside the engine bay right??
Old 08-25-2010, 09:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, you should be fine, there are literally thousands of members on this site alone running LT's and never having issues from heat in the engine bay.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:50 AM
ezz

No, you should be fine, there are literally thousands of members on this site alone running LT's and never having issues from heat in the engine bay.
ok great, very thankfull for the help... c u in future posts..
regards

Quick Reply: Header Wrapping??