Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help on wiring for DMH e-cutout

Old 08-26-2010, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help on wiring for DMH e-cutout

Does anyone have any advice for wiring up the electric cutout in a fourth gen? I'm not sure where the best place is to enter the interior of the car with the wires. Do I have to cut a hole in the floor?
Old 08-26-2010, 02:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are little rubber plugs. depending on where you have the cut out you just cut a little x in the rubber grommet and feed it through. I did mine right underneath the passenger rear seat.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a rubber gromet that I ran mine through right by my cutout. It is in the floor and comes up through the passenger back seat. The seat needs to be removed but that takes all of 2 minutes.

From there I used a coat hanger to fish the wire under the carpet to the center console. I cut a hole in my ashtray and mounted the switch in there. Used a bolt under the console for a ground and spliced into the cig lighter for power.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
There is a rubber gromet that I ran mine through right by my cutout. It is in the floor and comes up through the passenger back seat. The seat needs to be removed but that takes all of 2 minutes.

From there I used a coat hanger to fish the wire under the carpet to the center console. I cut a hole in my ashtray and mounted the switch in there. Used a bolt under the console for a ground and spliced into the cig lighter for power.
x2... exactly what I did myself works perfect no problems at all..

Make sure you wrap up the wires under the car that come from the electric cutout motor.. the exhaust gases WILL melt through it easily.

Search this Thread