Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So thinking pacesetters LT/ HP?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 06:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So thinking pacesetters LT/ HP?

Have a 01 a4 T/A with ported t/b & LID. How much hp am I looking at by adding LT with catted y pipe and no tune. or with a tune I guess just curious? thanks!
Old 09-07-2010, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i just read an article that used a 383, but close enough, for a comparison b/t long tubes and shorties... shorty gained 5hp, long gained 20hp, to the wheels. this is not far off from ls1's, long tubes really open them up, and 20-25 hp is average, and you WILL feel the difference... it will run rough without a tune though, and will kill your gas mileage; get the tune as well... but it is worth it...
Old 09-09-2010, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just added the pacesetter LTH ceramics with the TSP ORYpipe, I also have the magnaflow catback with an electric cutout. The cutout is a pain, kind of low to the ground and bottom out once in a while. However, I had the magnaflows and cutout on before the LTH and ORY upgrade. Trust me when I say, it was well worth the money! The driver's side you will have to lift the motor to get the LTH in place, but other than that, it was a steal from Texas Speed and Performance as a package deal. BTW, the sound is awesome and with the cutout open, WOW!
Old 09-09-2010, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

I am not sure about how many extras horses you will add, but when I installed headers on my car I sure could tell a difference. Just felt like she could breathe better and boy did it sound better too. The stock y-pipe sucks.