Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

boltons = loss on power

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also remember when the car was dynoed the man told me the car was running a little lean also. I dont remember how much tho and ive lost the graph since then. I dont know if im just not getting enough fuel mabey and im shure a good tune would help with that. But i just dont understand why my hp numbers were so low and since then ive done more stuff but nothing noticable in the way it felt in power. the last time i felt like wow was the last time i sprayed the car and i havent sprayed the car much im to paranoid since i know the car isnt right. I dont know even where to begin on this ive been fighting it for a couple of years now. The car is very well maintained I run royal purple changed every 3000 miles. Spark plugs were put in when i put the headers on wires too probabley been on for two years or so. Air filter is clean ive sea foamed it new fuel filter was put on about two months ago. I have also cleaned the maf the cars check engine light is on and the only codes it throws are p0134 and p0405 whitch i think are because of the headers. I hope that answered a few of your questions
Old 09-02-2010, 10:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You had the superchip programmer program in it when you had it dynoed and you lean? I'm not familiar with the handheld programmers, but it seems odd to me that you would be lean, I would expect it to be rich if anything. Check your fuel pressure. If anyone you know has a data logger, beg them to use it on your car.
Did you ever run your car at the track around the time you had it dynoed? If so what was your mph? Dynoes vary greatly from one another - making it impossible to figure anything out based on one number.
The factory gm MAFs are more forgiving than most people give them credit for. Based on the fact that the only "big" bolt ons you have are the exhaust and lid/k&n, I really doubt you'll benefit much from a full dyno tune. Would it hurt? No, but your pocket book will. My suggestion is to wait on the dyno tune until you have at least an intake manifold and TB on there, you'll be surprised how much that car will wake up with an LS6 intake in combination to your other mods.
You're doing the right thing by trying to figure out the problem. The stock tune is not going to start killing performance overtime based on your mods. Its actually one of the few things you know hasn't changed and doesn't go bad because of high milage.