Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

its time..

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default its time..

after about a year of debating whether or not iwas going to mod my car... i have made up my mind. im going to purchase the true dual system from texas speed, but now need to decide on what mufflers to purchase. im looking for a nicesound not too obnoxious (which is why i have already ruled out the bullets) so now it comes down to the sweet thunders or moroso spiral flows... which make more power? which would be louder inside the car? (im looking for the quieter one in the car) i just want a second opinion before i make a decision.. thanks for all the help tech
Old 09-11-2010, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Well, since opinions are welcome scratch the true duels for now, and put on some LT's with a catback. More gain per dollar spent. Or, if your an auto, a stall converter with a set of dr's will give you the most bang for the buck, with the exception of nitrous.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:43 AM
Teching In

yeah thanks, i have considered gettin a converter before anything else, ive heard enough people on this site saying it should be an auto's first mod
Old 09-12-2010, 12:51 AM
On The Tree

The sweet thunders sound pretty good. Not extremely loud in the cabin.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kevinolivo
yeah thanks, i have considered gettin a converter before anything else, ive heard enough people on this site saying it should be an auto's first mod
You should do at least a 3000 Stall. I have a Yank SS 3600 and still want more. It's insurance for when/if you opt to go with a large cam. I'm looking to step up to a 4000 in the near future for my 415 C.I. build.

Adding a High Stall will practically make it a new experience when driving the car, don't worry it's fun

Happy Modding
RJT
Old 09-12-2010, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ChefTA
You should do at least a 3000 Stall. I have a Yank SS 3600 and still want more. It's insurance for when/if you opt to go with a large cam. I'm looking to step up to a 4000 in the near future for my 415 C.I. build.

Adding a High Stall will practically make it a new experience when driving the car, don't worry it's fun

Happy Modding
RJT
And to add to this I went with a 3000 stall converter, even though everyone on this site said to go bigger.
And you know what?
They were right.
Even with the 2.73 gears I used to have, I think a 3400-3600 stall would have been ideal.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Me too, I kept reading over & over to go with the SS3600 over the SS3200 for a daily driver & I didn't listen. Got the 3200 & it is AWESOME, but really wish I would have gone with the 3600 now (3.23 gears). I don't feel like I lost any driveability at all with the 3200. Can barely tell it's there until I stomp it, & then... wow. Best performance mod I've done to my car yet & 2nd place isn't even close.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet thunders are supposed to sound decent, but they have a restricted flow path, if I remember right. Any dumped bullet-style muffler setup is going to be loud, though, so don't think you're going to have catback-decibels on dumped duals with either of those mufflers.

I don't like any of them, so I've got an order in for some Powersticks.