Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12573572 intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 04:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12573572 intake

Looking at buying a ls6 intake with this P# 12573572. I've read somewhere that it does not have the same throttle hookup screw holes since it is off a z06 supposedly (which is drive by wire). Anyone know if I will have to do any mods to put this on my 98 ls1 ta m6? I know about the EGR delete but other than that will I have to add some nuts to the intake to hook on my throttle cable holder plate?

Thanks
Old 09-14-2010, 04:20 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the intake you buy doesn't have the little bracket on the side for the throttle cable, just transfer it over from your LS1 manifold.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 09-14-2010, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ah, so the hookup for the plate will still be there (the brass nuts built into the plastic to attatch it) I have my old one and can move it over no problem, was just worried the brass nuts to bolt it to might not be there.

also, anyone know if this ls6 intake, performance wise, is any different from other ls6 intakes? I read 1 post where someone claimed it made less hp, which makes no sense to me.

Quick Reply: 12573572 intake