Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally installed pacesetter ceramic longtubes

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 04:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Finally installed pacesetter ceramic longtubes

Does anyone have pics on how they hooked their exhaust up to the headers?
I want to go with 3 inch exaust but also be able to remove them when I go out to the track.. (or want to **** off the neighbors)
I was thinking about welding collectors on the ends of both headers but I need to hear some feedback 1st..

Any pics would be awesome!
Old 09-21-2010, 06:46 PM
Staging Lane

Not sure quite what your getting at almost seems like ur asking about electric cutouts but I ran PC race LT's on my 00 SS going into a 3" TSP catted Y then a 3" catback from SLP Loudmouth ll and my Y i hooked to my headers using band clamps. I had the catback system on there already and if your asking about say removing a y to go to the track to open it up I'd say forget it and just buy cutouts, i plan on running a cutout after my y under the back seat before my muffler/resonater. I had to drop my catback down to get everything in it is a super tight fit which I think it should be to seal but I would definetly not want to be dropping it out and reinstalling all the time
Old 09-22-2010, 08:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by andystaiger
Does anyone have pics on how they hooked their exhaust up to the headers?
I want to go with 3 inch exaust but also be able to remove them when I go out to the track.. (or want to **** off the neighbors)
I was thinking about welding collectors on the ends of both headers but I need to hear some feedback 1st..

Any pics would be awesome!
1. You have to buy a y-pipe to mate to the headers or get a custom job. I think pacesetter Y and TSP Y work with the pacesetter headers.

2. The pacesetter headers should already have collectors on them....

3. Like mentioned already just put a cutout after the Y.

I have pacesetter LT ceramic coated with a pacesetter ORY pipe. Where the Y meets the stock exhaust I have an electric cutout. I am running that all through the stock catback. Nice and quiet for long drives/talking. Cutout open for an aggresive sound and better performance.