Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Size Cutout for Firehawk?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 09:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What Size Cutout for Firehawk?

Hi guys, i've got a 2002 Firehawk that I put pacesetter longtube headers and a catted y-pipe on, but it still has the stock SLP catback that comes standard on Firehawks. I'm not sure if this is the same diameter as the regular stock exhaust that comes on LS1 f-bodies.

Basically my question is what size exhaust cutout should I get if it's going on after the Y-Pipe on the firehawk slp catback? Thanks in advance
Old 09-23-2010, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

whatever the size piping its welded to.....
Old 09-23-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Id say a 3".... just throwin that out there
Old 09-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Launching!

^^^ i agree, 3" or it would just be a waste
Old 09-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Teching In

it depends on your exhaust size. in most cases 2.5 inch to a 3 inch y is the way youll see it. unless you got a nasty motor that needs more exhaust flow.. which lets face it.. 3-4 is somewhat of an overkill. i ran a 3 inch qtp cutout on mine after my y pipe.. alot of ppl prefer to put 2 cutouts on the y pipe itself.. but the ppl doing this are the ppl that are giving the electric cut out the bad rep..they put the cutout to close to their headers (hottest part of the exhaust) and the heat burns the motors out and they think and tell their buddies that the electric ones are a waste... this is garbage. i ran electric c/os on mine for over a year before i decided to go a diff route with exhaust and never once had to get under the car to fix anything on it after i installed... not sure if this helps. just my .02. GL on the install
Old 09-26-2010, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had a FLP cutout mounted just before the muffler for 5 years now. It jammed up once and I took it apart and cleaned up the parts with brake cleaner to get rid of the carbon that builds up.