Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98-02 camaro accessory drive question

Old 09-25-2010, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98-02 camaro accessory drive question

Hey everyone,

I am running 98-02 camaro accessory drive components for only the crank, waterpump and alternator. Is there some kind of kit out there that bypasses the power steering or will I have to replace the power steering location with an Idler pulley? If so, I would end up with a tensioner and 2 Idler pulleys in the setup as well. There seems like there could be a better way, or is that the way everyone routes their accessories? Thanks for any help!

Accessory diagram attached
Attached Thumbnails 98-02 camaro accessory drive question-f-frontdrive.gif  
Old 09-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NovaKid
Hey everyone,

I am running 98-02 camaro accessory drive components for only the crank, waterpump and alternator. Is there some kind of kit out there that bypasses the power steering or will I have to replace the power steering location with an Idler pulley? If so, I would end up with a tensioner and 2 Idler pulleys in the setup as well. There seems like there could be a better way, or is that the way everyone routes their accessories? Thanks for any help!

Accessory diagram attached
I know a few people that have done away with the ps pump and the idler. Run a shorter belt and run it crank to alt to wp to the tensioner and back to the crank. It puts alittle less belt on the crank than i like but they have had no issues.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, that doesn't seem to put a whole lot of belt on the crank like you were saying, but I suppose I could try it. Worst case scenario is that I buy an idler pulley and new belt if it slips. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 09-25-2010, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

there are lots of threads on ps deleate. the only thing I have run across that is not really mentioned are the trans cooler lines are in the way. easy enuff to fix.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

I saw all the threads on A/C delete when searching using LStech's search option. but no PS delete. I used google to search LStech for PS delete and finally came up with this for future LStech-ers reference:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-ls1-swap.html

Thanks for the input everyone

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 98-02 camaro accessory drive question