Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weiand intake vs ls6 intake

Old 10-05-2010, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weiand intake vs ls6 intake

wondering everyones opinion on what is better i have a weiand on the car now and i have to take it off to replace the intake gasket. i wanna take it off i have heard the aluminum weiand holds in heat and doesnt flow quite as good as the ls6. would a stock ls6 intake flow better than a weiand??? what about a ported ls6 looking to possibly purchase a intake as well for anyone who might post on this website.

im in southwest michigan for guys who have them for sale
Old 10-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have read the ls6 is a lil better,but I think you can port the one you have,I would just keep it,I don't think you would notice much,if hardly anything.if its a bolt on car I would just leave it and save some cash towards a head and cam package or just a cam.then when ya get heads /cam,sell it and get a fast setup.that's just my 2 cents,some guys running a ls6 on a bolt on car don't even notice that much of a gain.there is threads where both those are compared ,do a search for it.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry should have specified a little more the car is cammed 224 224 114 with pace setter headers tsp exhaust with a little bit of headwork. i have heard that the weiands are known for popping intake gaskets as well
Old 10-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Captain Double Post

Do you have the one that is that shinney zinc plated one,it may not be the best but it looks good,well maybe someone will pop in here that has ran both,GOd bless ya
Old 10-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Captain Double Post

Yeah I heard that about the gaskets,i don't think you would have no problem breaking even for a ls6,have you ported your tb that would help a lil and its a pretty easy mod to do.I would do it for ya if ya lived by me,just to give me something to do on a day off lol.put it up for sale I'm sure ya could get around 300 maybe a lil more if its the shinney one.well good luck buddy and good work on the car
Old 10-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Captain Double Post

I have read the ls6 is a lil better,but I think you can port the one you have,I would just keep it,I don't think you would notice much,if hardly anything.if its a bolt on car I would just leave it and save some cash towards a head and cam package or just a cam.then when ya get heads /cam,sell it and get a fast setup.that's just my 2 cents,some guys running a ls6 on a bolt on car don't even notice that much of a gain.there is threads where both those are compared ,do a search for it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: weiand intake vs ls6 intake