Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Largest/most flowing lid/filter combo??

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 03:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Largest/most flowing lid/filter combo??

I'm running an SLP lid on my setup and noticed it seems to get small around the outlet to the Throttle body. Who makes a bigger outlet, and/or filter setup that will alow my 445 solid roller/Beck sheetmetal intake breathe better? I think my SLP lid may be chokin it a little...
Also, Im speed density and don't have a MAF. thanks guys
Wes

I searched and couldn't find much info for my situation.

Last edited by WMSuperSport; 10-10-2010 at 03:34 AM. Reason: added info
Old 10-10-2010, 10:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

http://fasttoys.net/shop/product_inf...oducts_id=1704
Old 10-10-2010, 10:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by WMSuperSport
I'm running an SLP lid on my setup and noticed it seems to get small around the outlet to the Throttle body. Who makes a bigger outlet, and/or filter setup that will alow my 445 solid roller/Beck sheetmetal intake breathe better? I think my SLP lid may be chokin it a little...
Also, Im speed density and don't have a MAF. thanks guys
Wes

I searched and couldn't find much info for my situation.
I am not trying to be a dick, but you have been here since 02' and have plenty of posts and trader ratings and you don't know bout air lids? We should be coming to you for these type of question!
Old 10-10-2010, 10:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

but like said above... I am running a ftp 98mm air lid which is an 85mm inner diameter. I too am going speed density so the slp maf will be coming off and let it be a true 85mm inside diameter without it blocking any more of the incoming air. I believe they have some as big as 104mm.
here is a pic of the 104....

check this one out...
Fast Toys High Flow Black 104 mm LS1 Air Lid
Powerful LS1 motors require higher airflow than the stock air lid and MAF can provide. Until now, you were stuck using a reduction coupler or fabricating an adapter to use with a 100 mm MAF sensor. This was costing you horsepower!

The Fast Toys High Flow 104 mm Air Lid is the highest flowing air lid on the market and the only one that works with the TSP or Lingenfelter 100mm MAF
Features
The Fast Toys high flow lid features our exclusive "Power Bulge" design to increase the air lid volume substantially and provide a smooth air flow transition flow from the horizontal air filter to the 100 mm MAF sensor. This lid installs on the stock factory lower air filter base. A 100mm MAF is required (sold seperately). The Fast Toys 104 mm Air Lid is designed for highly modified LS1 motors.

Note: 2000-2002 cars will still be required to use a K&N breather filter for the smog pump (available at extra cost).
Why Use The Fast Toys 104 mm Air Lid & 100 mm MAF?
Highly modified motors require higher airflow than the stock sized MAF and air lid can provide. We designed our lid for those customers that want the ultimate in airflow and performance.

To work with the 100 mm MAF, the Fast Toys High Flow Air Lid features a giant 104 mm ID. This makes the ID of our lid about 6 mm larger than our own 98 mm air lid and 15-16 mm bigger than other aftermarket lids. Simply put, there is no other air lid on the market that can match ours!

On top of that, we have significantly increased the overall volume of the air lid compared to everyone else. Higher volumes support larger horsepower and torque improvements. The Fast Toys air lid has 14 % more volume than the most popular aftermarket lid and a whopping 27 % more volume than the stock lid (baffles removed)!

The Ultimate Air Lid For Speed Density Tuners
For those of you that have moved to a speed density tune (SD) and removed the MAF sensor, this is the perfect air lid for you! Connect the Fast Toys High Flow Air lid directly to your throttle body for the best flow possible! The OD of the Fast Toys 104 mm Air Lid is 108 mm.

No IAT Hole
The Fast Toys 104 mm Air Lid does not come with an IAT hole pre-drilled into the air lid. For those people that need to re-use the factory IAT sensor, instructions are provided on how to drill the IAT hole in the air lid.

Fast Toys Black 104 mm LS1 High Flow Air Lids
$169.99
Fast Toys Black 98 mm LS1 High Flow Air Lid
$146.99
Attached Thumbnails Largest/most flowing lid/filter combo??-product_thumb.jpg   Largest/most flowing lid/filter combo??-fasttoys104_pic3.jpg   Largest/most flowing lid/filter combo??-fasttoys104_pic4.jpg   Largest/most flowing lid/filter combo??-fasttoys104_pic2.jpg  
Old 10-11-2010, 09:41 AM
11 Second Club

anybody tried one of these compared to like a slp lid?

would they help a bolt ons stock internals car?
Old 10-11-2010, 09:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by its turbo time
anybody tried one of these compared to like a slp lid?

would they help a bolt ons stock internals car?
SLP means Super Lousy Performance.

Anything by SLP is garbage including their lids. They don't fit worth a crap and the plastic is cheap and thin.

That Fast Toys lid is badass! I wish someone would do a test of one of them to the "conventional" lid.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:42 AM
11 Second Club

is the fast toys lid only for bigger maf's and throttle body's than stock?

is says something about 100 mm opening for aftermarket maf's on the product description
Old 10-11-2010, 11:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by its turbo time
is the fast toys lid only for bigger maf's and throttle body's than stock?

is says something about 100 mm opening for aftermarket maf's on the product description
Its not worth it on your setup. A slp lid and ported tb is all a bolton car needs...
Old 10-11-2010, 01:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FT 104mm lid and PTM 100mm maf on my combo and am SURE it helped it me out. My intake side restriction is now my ported 90....
Old 10-11-2010, 04:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joblo1978
SLP means Super Lousy Performance.

Anything by SLP is garbage including their lids. They don't fit worth a crap and the plastic is cheap and thin.

That Fast Toys lid is badass! I wish someone would do a test of one of them to the "conventional" lid.
not completely true. i have the slp lid (the old version with no slp written n it just carved from the inside) it fits perfectly like if the air filter is dirty car almost dies! and you can hear sucking noises
Old 10-11-2010, 04:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by omarrakeen
not completely true. i have the slp lid (the old version with no slp written n it just carved from the inside) it fits perfectly like if the air filter is dirty car almost dies! and you can hear sucking noises
I have the slp lid with white letters... it fits great aswell!

Quick Reply: Largest/most flowing lid/filter combo??