Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feedback on TSP Longtubes with ORY!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 12:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My buddy and I have plenty of experience; especially with fourth gens. Mine fit like complete ****. Yours looks fantastic under your car but I hope some of these guys on the fence don't see yours and expect the same results.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by rob69zombie
My buddy and I have plenty of experience; especially with fourth gens. Mine fit like complete ****. Yours looks fantastic under your car but I hope some of these guys on the fence don't see yours and expect the same results.
So much experience it takes 2 of you to do the job?
Im jk we bust eachothers ***** in the trade all day lol
So what made it fit like **** exactly? Size? flair? Bends? What headers did you use?
Old 10-27-2010, 12:55 PM
10 Second Club

Well seeing you have experience on multiple f bodys then my guess is you are saying it fit like **** compaied to other more expensive y pipes. Its not my first car either and I can honestly say this fit the same as any other plain steel or stainless iv ever had in the past. Then for the price you cant beat it. Sorry you had so much trouble with your y pipe cupcake but I dont want op thinking he would have the same issues as a fragile little office worker would
Old 10-27-2010, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did see where you said that it was under the tunnell brace now. My car doesn't have the tunnel brace even under it. I can't wait to get it all back together! I'm watiting on the machine shop now so I can get the motor back and build it!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 01:26 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They are all bent by a CNC bender, and verified to the same jig before they are shipped to us...there's no change one to the next! As far as I'm concerned, it really is the difference in installers.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 10-27-2010, 01:29 PM
12 Second Club

Damn dude, you do bust chops, huh? The biggest issue I had was the pipe coming off the driver-side collector. I could not get that thing to tuck close to the floorpan. When I had it spun so it was tucked nicely the piece to the merge wouldn't line up. Seemed like if I had cut it to make it piece together it would've tucked nicer but it wouldn't have been long enough to get to the I-pipe. And no fragile office-worker here; just a student who hates nut-swinging. I don't doubt your skill though, your ORY looks awesome man.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:31 PM
12 Second Club

I also got one of the sets of TSP 1 7/8" from the bad batch where the jig was off and the primaries didn't even sit flush in the flange so the manufacturing thing is a toss-up for me.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:33 PM
12 Second Club

Here's a pic where you can see the I-pipe shoved toward the rear of the car forcing it down where the TSP ORY seemed a little too long.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:35 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn dude, you do bust chops, huh?
Not this guy, just telling it how I see it. The last one that came back when a guy couldn't get it installed and swore it was wrong, we gave the next guy who walked through the front door a deal on it, and it installed perfectly! I've yet to have one come back to us that our techs couldn't install nicely.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 10-27-2010, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

Thanks alot Matt! I don't really see myself having a problem seeing as how i'm pretty mechanically inclined!!! Just didn't understand what everyone was having a problem with on installing your ORY.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:55 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
Not this guy, just telling it how I see it. The last one that came back when a guy couldn't get it installed and swore it was wrong, we gave the next guy who walked through the front door a deal on it, and it installed perfectly! I've yet to have one come back to us that our techs couldn't install nicely.
Sorry for the confusion Matt, I was talking to the poster just above you. You posted as I was writing that post and it was confusing. My bad, lol. I can say that as much as I don't like your ORY, your customer service is awesome and the few times I've needed to call and talk to someone you guys have been A+.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:04 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
They are all bent by a CNC bender, and verified to the same jig before they are shipped to us...there's no change one to the next! As far as I'm concerned, it really is the difference in installers.
I have to agree with mr matt here. get your tin hammer out and git er dun
Old 10-30-2010, 12:10 AM
10 Second Club

Damn dude, you do bust chops, huh? The biggest issue I had was the pipe coming off the driver-side collector. I could not get that thing to tuck close to the floorpan. When I had it spun so it was tucked nicely the piece to the merge wouldn't line up. Seemed like if I had cut it to make it piece together it would've tucked nicer but it wouldn't have been long enough to get to the I-pipe. And no fragile office-worker here; just a student who hates nut-swinging. I don't doubt your skill though, your ORY looks awesome man.
Yea we all have days when we dont wanna hear the ball bustin so thats when the hammer goes flyin lol. But yea im jk with ya man.
I do remember having to twist that pipe your talking about but that wasnt the hard part for me. Hard part was my own stuborness by not moving the catback pipe so I was installing the y with it there. Fought with that for a couple lol. Thanks I think it came out good. Ill have to get pics of what it looks like now under the tunnel.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:15 PM
TECH Regular

LS1Tech 10 Year

I bought my tsp 17/8 with ory for my z in july 10. Headers went on with respectable ease and the y pipe was on back order for quite a while but I thought it was because they came up with a new design and it was a puzzle piece but once it was in I have not had problems with since only time I scrape is in steep driveways. Great piece tsp keep up the good work
Old 10-30-2010, 05:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 254 Likes on 209 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

nice headers................dont get me started on the ORY
Old 10-30-2010, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll stick with TSP on their ory. I got mine in January-February this year for my coated pacesetters. It was on backorder, (which wasn't a problem as I was driving my winter beater and the camaro was on jack stands in the garage), and I still had one within a few weeks. I had it put on at a local exhaust shop, with the joints welded, and it fit perfect. I will say that the guy who installed it isn't very good either, but he does clean welds so I went to him and supervised as he worked on it. If he can make one fit right, I'm not sure why everyone else is having problems.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:22 PM
12 Second Club

Not trying to be rude to you but if you had to fight it yourself you may have a better idea of why it sucked. Again, I'm not trying to be rude but the install kicked my ***. It was easier to put the LT's in that same morning, lol. Nice avatar, BTW.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Addict

i guess i might be a novice and only assembled my ls3, and the hardest part of the whole project was TSP's ory, i have a simple question, why the hell is TSP's y pipe in 5 pieces, where as every other y pipe is one piece?
Old 10-31-2010, 09:30 AM
12 Second Club

I think the idea is that it would be easier to move all those seperate pieces to fit each car more customly. My Pacesetter came in 2 pieces.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not trying to be rude to you but if you had to fight it yourself you may have a better idea of why it sucked. Again, I'm not trying to be rude but the install kicked my ***. It was easier to put the LT's in that same morning, lol. Nice avatar, BTW.
I fitted it myself before I had it welded just to make sure and it was fine. I then made the executive decision to have him weld it up instead of using the muffler clamps, so I yanked it off and putted with open headers to his shop. Plus I had a cutout I wanted him to weld in right after the Y. I was out the door in less than an hour. Just saying I had a good experience with it. I really don't think you're being rude its cool. I gotta rep the rubber duck TransWS6Am I'm not saying anyone is too inexperienced to get it to fit or anything, I'm just saying I had no problems with it, and neither did my exhaust guy. I'm gonna say that TSP did their Y in multiple pieces to give some adjust-ability help keep problems like this from happening. Being able to ship in a smaller box is a plus too.

Quick Reply: Feedback on TSP Longtubes with ORY!!!!