Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

few little extras to the car over winter

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default few little extras to the car over winter

im looking into doing a little extra to my car this winter i am thinking about getting a ported throttle body and a 85 mm maf sensor wondering what everyone thinks of that the car has heads and cam on it and i need to get it retuned anyways so i thought with those 2 things and the tune i should pick up about 15 hps any info would be nice also wondering what everyone thinks about pulleys as well(underdrive overdrive)

Last edited by khoward8509; 10-29-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep your stock maf,unless your making big power you can't beat the stocker,I was told by a lot of people to leave it alone,maybe go with ported ends but I would research a lot on the maf ,your tuner will thank you,and p&p your stock tb is pretty easy I would say do it yourself, its not worth it to spend 100 to 150 dollars to have someone do it for you to pick up 2 to 3 hp,I can tell you some pretty easy steps to do it, or if you live in northern ohio I could do it for you,I don't know what kind of setup your running but if you have decent heads and a pretty good cam I would say a fast setup would net you the best gains, would buy it used though they get pricey,
Old 10-30-2010, 10:37 PM
Captain Double Post

But if your just looking to do something small on the induction side p&p stock tb is a easy mod,and if you don't have a cai maybe get a ssra,I think the maf,bellow etc is all good up to 500 hp,I could be wrong but when I was doing bolt ons a few people told me that. Well good luck man,and I think materials for the tb only cost me 30 and I spent about 5 hours on it but I polished the outside to a mirror finish ,God bless bro
Old 10-31-2010, 08:53 AM
On The Tree

im running a small cam and light head work thought about getting the heads ported as well but i dont wanna dig in that far thanks for the help i have seen other posts on here about how to port the tb i think ill give that a shot over winter thanks for the help
Old 10-31-2010, 04:28 PM
Captain Double Post

yeah and if you need lil help and some tips just pm me,and ill give ya my number,also when you do it grind the throttle stop down a lil bit so your blade opens all the way not half way,to me I think that made the biggest improvment,
Old 10-31-2010, 04:54 PM
Captain Double Post

yeah and if you need lil help and some tips just pm me,and ill give ya my number,also when you do it grind the throttle stop down a lil bit so your blade opens all the way not half way,to me I think that made the biggest improvment,
Old 10-31-2010, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the help im going to work on it slowly over the winter times are so busy right now but i know once i start tearing it down i wont stop till its done(needs the intake gasket replaced) then i will be looking into how to port the tb ill definetely be getting ahold of you