Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

driveability issues please help...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driveability issues please help...

Heres a run down on the car first. 1998 formula a4 lt's ory custom 3' catback 3:73's and a frost tune. here's the issue car is throwing p0108 and p0118 code. Run's fine on warm day's but on a cold morning I can barely make it to work it idle's high and nearly pull's itself along at 65 with no help from gas peddle. during the lt install I broke the ect but replaced it and seemed to be fine. than I sent my pcm off to get tuned about the same time the weather drops 20 degree's into the 30's and I now have the ect issue and the p0108 code. So my first instinct is to replace ect and look for vacuum leaks. After replacing the ect with new unit there was 0 change in the way the car runs and is still throwing the ect code?

Now on to the p0108. First thing I do is google common vacuum leak's on ls1's and come up with the plug on the back of the intake. So I decide to check back there and pull out a mess of cooked rubber line's im assuming from several year's of aging and the new found heat the header's are producing. So I block off al the vacuum lines to the pcv and put a breather on till I can afford the catch can setup. Made a slight difference but the car is still idling high and just running genrally rough all around except for high rpm's anything above 2500 and the car pulls great. Im 99% sure the tune was not an issue but surfaced an issue that was already there. Sorry for the huge post but wanted to be very thorough in hope's of someone helping me out because I am at wits end with the thing.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ttt...
Old 11-02-2010, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd pull the intake off and have a look what's going on back there. Maybe replace the MAP sensor while you are at it. They fit pretty loosely as it is.

Quick Reply: driveability issues please help...