Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARH header install problem.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ARH header install problem.

I have a set of ARH 1 7/8" race style long tubes headers going on my car. I have the drivers side header installed and it went in smooth as could be. The passenger side header on the other hand is giving me problems.
I have the starter out of the car and had previously had the engine tab ground off so I know these aren't the issue. The car has never been involved in an accident so I know thats not one of the problems either. I have a 2 post lift so I have the car plenty high enough.
The header gets "stuck" going in, one way it hits the bellhousing where the starter bolts up or hits the K-member when I turn it another way. I have tried to wiggle it in but its been to no success.
any ideas or anyone else have this issue?
Old 12-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Teching In

Default Arh

I had a similar problem putting the passenger side in on my C5. I wound up putting it in from the top. I pulled the coil packs and valve cover. It hung up a little on my low pressure AC line but I pursuaded it past with a couple light whacks of a rubber mallet. Good Luck I don't know much about the FBody with an LS1. My old FBody has a 6 banger in it.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Call ARH.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

When I installed the first set on my 00TA, I had to take the bolt out of the R motor mount and jack up the engine a little.

That was with Mac mid tubes.

I installed my 1 7/8 ARH's after I had bought my car lift and during an engine upgrade.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Staging Lane

If I remember when I did mine I did MM at the same time,but I don't remember if I left the engine jacked up or not. The header went in with just a little bit of tweeking, other than pulling the starter out I didn't have to do any grinding or anything.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

I just did mine earlier this after noon. Passenger slide slid in with plenty of room drivers side was tight but a little push slid right in. I didn't have to remove the starter or oil filter. Didn't remove anything except coils. This was on jack stands about 20 inches high.

Quick Reply: ARH header install problem.