Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF difference question

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MAF difference question

So when I bought my motor it came with a 4" MAF. The engine is from an 04 GTO. This is obviously not the stock MAF or the person I bought it from accidentally gave me ths wrong one. At the time I had no idea this wasnt the correct one until I bought a CAI and it wouldnt fit over the MAF housing.

I ended up find a stock maf on here and bought it. I figured it safer to go with a stock maf since I havent fired up the car and the motor is being used for a swap. Ive read thers little to no advantage in having a larger maf, is this true?

Now can anyone tell me where this maf may have came from? It looks to have came with an adapter harness so it does plug in to the engine harness. It has "delphi" on the maf but I dont see a part number. Thanks in advance for any help. The stock on is the one without a creen on it, FYI.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its just an 85mm ZO6/Truck MAF with a pigtail for the stock MAF connector
Old 01-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks......it seems getting answers on some of my questions is like pulling teeth lol.