Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two sounds whrn hooking up battery

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Two sounds whrn hooking up battery

This is my 4th battery and a couple of times I had a dead battery and when connecting the negative terminal I hear the computer click as it gets power which is normal but the last two times I hear a new sound from I think under the car, it's fairly loud and lasts just a second,...doesn't sound like the fuel pump which is in the fuel tank, my car has no air-pump anymore...can't figure out what this is and could it be something wrong...any ideas?
Old 01-05-2011, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well unless your are changing batteries with the ignition on it would have to be a component that is always on. The only thing that comes to mind would be a theft deterrent system.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Launching!

No ignition on...or key in ignition switch, it's not been there before, I can't really describe it because it's only for a second and have only herd it twice but if I had to I would say someone under the car grabbed the car and tried to shake it, I know...not a good description.
BTW the car seems to be ok as it starts up, but I did not drive it though.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe check to see if you popped a wire out of a retainer. Or there is the possibility that there is a short at the starter that popped when you pulled on the leads?
Old 01-07-2011, 12:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it one of your headlight motors? I had one that was draining my battery too. The GM tech told me that if a stop is broken then the headlight motor will continue to run when the car is off and the key removed.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by need4fun2469
is it one of your headlight motors? I had one that was draining my battery too. The GM tech told me that if a stop is broken then the headlight motor will continue to run when the car is off and the key removed.
No it is not the headlight motor, this is not coming from the starter either, it is not a popping sound, it sounds like maybe a shutter mid way or so and under the car.