Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 y-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 y-pipe

i have a corsa catback on my 2000 trans am ws6. i am going to put hooker longtube headers on, but i am stuck deciding what to do for a y pipe. i hear that or-y are the way to go. i live in illinois so technically cats are required in order to pass emissions test. i would like to know where i can have my o2 codes removed so i can pass emissions without having cats. where can i have this done?
Old 01-08-2011, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can send you computer out for a mail order tune. Also you can try o2 simulators in order to remove the codes, but they sometimes do not work.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

best bet is to get them tuned out. the sims work pretty good. i also live in illinois and to be honest for emissions, at Markham emissions center (south suburbs) they just plug the code reader in and send you on your way. (no sniff test or mirror checks). If you have the option to go there after doing upgrades to your car, I would suggest it haha
Old 01-09-2011, 12:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy WS6
i have a corsa catback on my 2000 trans am ws6. i am going to put hooker longtube headers on, but i am stuck deciding what to do for a y pipe. i hear that or-y are the way to go. i live in illinois so technically cats are required in order to pass emissions test. i would like to know where i can have my o2 codes removed so i can pass emissions without having cats. where can i have this done?
this is a question for your regional section. your local lsx tuner will easily be able to ditch the rear o2's. and while your at it might as well get a dyno tune. as for y-pipes, TSP has some very affordable options. honestly if i were you i would have gone with pacesetters, the quality of hooker products ain't what it used to be.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:47 AM
TECH Resident

I went with a Mufflex system for my car. I used to have a set of TPIS longtube headers with a y pipe that was made locally without cats. I wasn't very happy with the headers after a couple of years so I bought a set of Pacestters. Since I was going with new headers I knew I would need a new y pipe. I decided to put the cats back on due to the smell and I wanted to quiet it down a little. Mufflex makes a great y pipe and they sell the high flow cats to go with it. Also they have a bracket that stops the y pipe banging on the floor. I'm very happy with my set up from them. The only thing they forgot was to weld in a bung for the wide band like I asked. No big deal I had the exhaust shop weld one in when they installed the y pipe for me.

Quick Reply: ls1 y-pipe