Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need wire removal ideas

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need wire removal ideas

not sure on if this is where to post this but here we go. (if wrong, feel free to call me a dumb dumb baby) so ive got the engine out of my 2000 and im wanting to know what wires can be taken out of the system and the car still run like it should?

basically the car is drag only. wont ever be on the street again. im wanting to eventually get in the vamp series at kcir and they require the lighting system and blinkers to work so that need to stay.

so heres whats going on so far:

my rear O2s are tuned out and i already cut the wires out. A/C, AIR Pump, and EGR also off and wires taken out. inside all the vents, radio, air control all gone and wires gone also (did all that last winter.) security system, BCM, and the other small box on the passenger side of the dash are still in and wanting to know how (if possible) to get rid of all that crap so the car will still run.

i pulled the 4l60e out and put in a 400 turbo so i need to know if there are any wires that i need to connect or not connect. ive check the 400 install page and just seen stuff for the latch and back up lights but nothing about a neutral safety. i am also not worried if the speedo work. just as long as the other gauges work is my main concern

also working on taking out the cruise control and need to know if there is somewhere i can get a new throttle cable to go straight from teh pedal to the throttle body.

this is all i can think of for now so if anyone has any info or any other compounds to remove, please feel free to chime in. also if i confused anyone, please ask me what the hell im talking about and ill try to clearfiy. thanks for any info

also im wanting to clean up the engine bay (tubing the front clip from the towers foward) so i need some ideas on where can i mount the fuse boxes and any other ideas.

i know im kindof asking alot here so if you guys have info on just one part of my cluster, please let me know what you have to offer
Old 01-09-2011, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

one other thing, i can get a pic of the engine bay to show what my set up looks like but i wont have it up til tomo nite
Old 01-10-2011, 10:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Build a stand alone harness and use a small switch panel to control the various functions
Old 02-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Banned

how did you go about cutting out the egr wires? i'm wantting to get rid of the myself.
thanks in advance.