Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0300 Misfire Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 08:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P0300 Misfire Issue

Hey guys,

I seem to be running into a small issue with my car. My car is throwing the P0300 code for multiple misfires.

I’m not sure what the issue is but my 1st thought is that it could be the front O2 extensions since I have had this problem in the past where the O2 extension and sensor scraped when I run over something. Last time it happened I rigged the wiring back together and the car has been running fine for a year. If I recall correctly the codes I got last year were not P0300. If the O2 wires or extension is the problem, would disconnecting them solve the problem for misfires and surging? (I know it’ll just pop up another code)

Next issue which may be the culprit is my car is a tad bit lowered and I have a shitty fitting QTP catted Y pipe. I’ve been scraping the CAT for a while now and I guess the other day was the last straw while pulling into a steep driveway I banged the CAT and now I have a hole in my CAT. Would this throw the P0300 code? Doesn’t make much sense to me why a CAT with a hole in it would cause misfires but you never know.

Also ordered a new Optima battery since mine was on its death bed and Advanced Auto is running those discounts http://zservers.com/aapimages/aapbrakespromo-10off.html link if you don’t know what I am talking about. Also ordering new spark plugs and wires since it’s been a while since I changed them.

So how do I fix my P0300 problem, do the above make sense or could it be something else?

Quick Reply: P0300 Misfire Issue