Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clutch problems help!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default clutch problems help!!!!!!!!

i just broke the new motor in on a 2001 ls1 trans am cam only i stopped in the road to let it eat one good time. first gear had to shift quick second gear the rpms stayed about 5500 and the car was going but it did not feel like 400 rwhp and the clutch pedal slowly came to the top until i let off the gas. when i got it back from the shop they told me that there was some air in the lines but it would work its way out but i dont think the air can work its way out. keep in mind that i did not smell the clutch at all and it has happened 3 times to me since the motor was broke in but if i am riding down the road and punch it the clutch does not slip and i even put it in 6th gear at 55mph and hit it the rpms did not over rev so does anybody know what could be the problem. i have a few mustangs that want to race me and i really want to hurt there feelings bad not just a little bit.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Teching In

also 1st gear left marks second gear no marks at all and it stayed at 5500 for awhile like the clutch was slipping could this just be the air still in the line
Old 01-25-2011, 07:21 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6th gear at 55? I've been past 55 in 2nd gear? Are you expecting to get slammed back in the seat in 6th? That will never happen my friend.

Also, this probably belongs in the Manual Transmission section.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Teching In

no my friend not at all i also have gone past 55 in second let me explain myself better what i am saying is i put it in 6th gear at 55mph to see if the rpms would rev quickly because of the clutch slipping but it does not it accelerates and rpms go up as normal but if the clutch slips then the rpms would shoot up quick
Old 01-26-2011, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Press down on the clutch,put the car in fifth gear (while sitting still)and slowly rev the engine up to 5000 rpms, if the car starts to move forward then the clutch is getting ready to give up the ghost, but first bleed ALL of the air out of the hydraulic system and then do the fifth gear test. AND YES, THIS DOES NEED TO BE IN THE MANUAL TRANS SECTION!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ yeah try that,another few tips(that will improve shifting) have you done the drill mod? One of my best mods to date has been the tick master ,it is well worth it,hope you get your problems worked out,
Old 01-27-2011, 02:07 AM
Teching In

i have posted this in the manual transmission section under the same title now but i have not heard about the drill mod and i will try reving the car while sitting still. thanks