Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 05:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default How long

I'm about to have a set of heads, cam, headers, injectors, and new motor mounts put on my Trans Am. I've been thinking about doing this myself. My question is how long would it take your average do it yourself guy to complete this. I've read the how tos and everything so what is the ball park time for a person to complete this. thanks
Old 01-27-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are doing this for the first time in your driveway or garage I would plan on four 8 hour sessions. This is allows for taking your time on cleaning up the the heads, block and head bolt holes as well as a trip or two to the local autoparts store for odds and ends. The last thing you want to do your first time is to have to rush. Also accept the fact that there will be minor problems such as fasteners that won't come loose or parts that disappear under the car and reappear only after a long break or the next day. Good luck.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^That sounds about right. Have you considered dropping the motor? It will make the heads/cam intall much easier and poly motor mounts can be a bitch with everything in place.