Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on Cutout Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Launching!

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Question on Cutout Wiring

I just installed a DMH cut-out and I spliced into the cigerette lighter for the ground and the pink wire on the traction control switch for my power. When I turned the key to "accessory on" and I tried the cut-out switch, nothing happened except for a sound that appeard to be coming from the front of the car which I think was a headlight motor. I didn't start the car (it's in the air on jack stands), so pehaps the pink traction control wire would be ok once I have the car started and I'm at a higher voltage.

I did a search and didn't find much that said I shouldn't use the traction control switch for power, but maybe I need to find another power source? since I don't have a LED light that will drain my battery, I'm thinking about splicing into the cigerette lighter for the power.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, the cigarette lighter sounds like a much better idea. I can't imagine that there would be power to the tcs when the car isn't running..