Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing MAP sensor plug from LS6 intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 07:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Removing MAP sensor plug from LS6 intake

How do I SAFELY remove the plug that inserts into the back of the intake manifold, that the MAP sensor pops into? I want to be able to re-install it. I already removed the MAP sensor. I want to remove the piece that the MAP sensor attaches to so I can transport and clean it without worrying about breaking that piece off.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

i asked this question before.......not many good answers.....i thought of making a tool that would go in there and compress those clips........seems its not really designed to come out
Old 02-13-2011, 11:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

way i got mine out was that the rubber that holds it in place snapped off
Old 02-14-2011, 08:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gently pull the clip away from the MAP and pull the sensor out. It comes out easy. The circular "plug" on the back of the stock intakes does NOT need to come out. There's no need for it. If you're concerned about it, just wrap the intake in bubble wrap.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
Gently pull the clip away from the MAP and pull the sensor out. It comes out easy. The circular "plug" on the back of the stock intakes does NOT need to come out. There's no need for it. If you're concerned about it, just wrap the intake in bubble wrap.
I already said I removed the MAP sensor. I want the plug to come out as well so I can do a thorough cleaning of the manifold. The motor had so much blowby that it had a 2mm+ cake of carbon buildup on each piston. So, yes, the plug does need to come out.

Quick Reply: Removing MAP sensor plug from LS6 intake