Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some ADVICE guys plz!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 07:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some ADVICE guys plz!!!

Ok i have a HORRIBLE sounding exhaust, not to mention it makes my car choke and stutter a bit cuz i think the cats are bad....I have stock everything from the mani to the cats. The only thing that is different is that there is no muffler. I was wondering if you guys can give me some advice on a FULL exhaust to get ***WITH CATS*** i dont want cut outs or nutin crazy I just want something that sounds nice and mean but not like it would if i had no cats! i want to keep the cats cuz i will be going back to cali and everyone knows how freakin strict they are... i was looking to get a used exhaust on here but maybe u guys can help me out. I dont wanna pay alot for a new one so if you guys can help witht that too. Thanks everyone for the time and advice...
Old 02-18-2011, 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If your car is sputtering and what not I'm betting one or both of your cats is clogged up. There was a GM service bulletin on this a good while back. You could just put in some aftermarket high flow cats pair that up with a SLP LM1 cat back (used) and it should fit the bill in sound cost and emissions.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ that's what I was thinking
Old 02-18-2011, 10:23 AM
TECH Addict

as i heard you cant relocate your cats in cali? as for the exhaust you will pretty much hear this: LTs catted Y and a catback of your choice lol nothing to tell here..search a bit the website has TONS of exhaust threads. gd luck. and also visit ls1sounds.com it should give you an idea..
Old 02-18-2011, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by omarrakeen
as i heard you cant relocate your cats in cali? as for the exhaust you will pretty much hear this: LTs catted Y and a catback of your choice lol nothing to tell here..search a bit the website has TONS of exhaust threads. gd luck. and also visit ls1sounds.com it should give you an idea..

Wouldn't adding longtubes move the placement of the cats? And I'm sure there are aftermarket cats you can buy that are emissions legal in cali.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:39 AM
TECH Addict

^ exactly wt am saying that relocating them wont let you pass. shorties can maintain factory place cats i believe but its a waste..i say ask around first then decide.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

its freakin hard finding LEGAL cats for my car because im going back to cali! but i thik imma do wat the first guy said..if you can help me out more i wud appreciate it! thanx guys