Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very Loud Exhaust Setup.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 08:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Very Loud Exhaust Setup.....

My buddy just got his headers put on a couple days ago. He got Hooker LT Headers into a Hooker Y-Pipe and out through an SLP Loudmouth. It is insanely loud. It sounds really good and gains seem decent. I can't wait to see how long it takes before he gets pulled for noise level. How loud is this setup compared to QTP LT Headers and a QTEC Y-Pipe??
Old 02-14-2004, 08:46 AM
On The Tree

How does it sound? I heard the SLP Loudmouth sounds like trash with LT's but no cats...
Old 02-14-2004, 08:49 AM
On The Tree

Oh, and if he wants louder, open headers baby! I ran mine like that with two cutouts mounted to the collectors.

Let's just say it will give you a headache if you run them open for a while!
Old 02-14-2004, 08:51 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,803 Likes on 1,284 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by SSMOKE-U
My buddy just got his headers put on a couple days ago. He got Hooker LT Headers into a Hooker Y-Pipe and out through an SLP Loudmouth. It is insanely loud. It sounds really good and gains seem decent. I can't wait to see how long it takes before he gets pulled for noise level. How loud is this setup compared to QTP LT Headers and a QTEC Y-Pipe??
That would be a little too much for me. I like it loud, but I also like a muffler to take the edge off a little. Not a quiet muffler mind you, but just something to smooth the sound a bit.

It would probably sound better if he swapped out the LM resonator for a race bullet muffler....
Old 02-14-2004, 09:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RealDealCamSS
Oh, and if he wants louder, open headers baby! I ran mine like that with two cutouts mounted to the collectors.

Let's just say it will give you a headache if you run them open for a while!
yea, i ran open headers for about 2 days after i instaled them. it sounded mean as hell at idle, but like total crap (not to mention INSANELY loud) at WOT
Old 02-14-2004, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It all comes down to personal taste. I think the exhaust sounds incredible, and it is very very loud. I however want to know how it compares to QTP LT's with QTEC Y-Pipe as far as sound goes. Are the QTP LT's with dual electric cutouts going to be anywhere near as loud as my buddy's setup?