Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

muffler suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 09:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default muffler suggestions?

hey everyone, ive got an 01 z28 that i just put an off road y pipe to the stock manifolds on. right now its got some kind of knock off flowmaster muffler on it and a stock i pipe. i plan to rear mount turbo it sometime in the future which is why i spent money on the y pipe for stock manifolds, but after taking the cats off the car sounds like ****. i expected it to sound worst honestly but its got some terrible rasp around 2-3k that sounds like your local 1500 chevy with a cheap *** exhaust... which makes sense. Anyone have a muffler that they suggest that would clean the sound of the car up a little more? i dont really care about how loud or quiet it is, i just want something that flows well and sounds decent.
thanks for any help
Old 03-02-2011, 11:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Magnaflow. Can't go wrong. My T/A had a Flowmaster on it when I bought it. I swapped a Magnaflow over and picked up almost 6rwh. Plus it doesn't sound like a Honda anymore
Old 03-03-2011, 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never thought flowmasters sounded like hondas..

Yeah magnaflow is gunna tame that but ive heard my friends car with magnaflow and its still quietish but still has some rasp.. i dunno i dont like magnaflows but it might be one of your better bets. You can go to a muffler shop and they will hold it up and let you see what it will sound like before you get it, but muffler shops usually rip you off if you but them there..
Old 03-03-2011, 06:18 PM
10 Second Club

Here is another one for the Magnaflow exhaust.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:47 PM
TECH Resident

adding a bullet muffler in your i-pipe will eliminate the rasp
Old 03-04-2011, 09:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by The Mighty Texan
Never thought flowmasters sounded like hondas..

Yeah magnaflow is gunna tame that but ive heard my friends car with magnaflow and its still quietish but still has some rasp.. i dunno i dont like magnaflows but it might be one of your better bets. You can go to a muffler shop and they will hold it up and let you see what it will sound like before you get it, but muffler shops usually rip you off if you but them there..
how do you like yours with the ory and bullet muffler? i have a pair of dynomax bullets laying around from when i had my grand national. probably pretty loud, not a bad thing though