Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

egr pipe mod...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 10:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Hes got lts and aftermarket cats anyway, so IMO thats more likley to fail than the egr removal. By the book lts or any different locations the cats are installed other than stock are illegal.

If he dosent want an ls6 intake which idk why he wouldnt considering hes already got lts then just cut the egr and delete the code.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
Hes got lts and aftermarket cats anyway, so IMO thats more likley to fail than the egr removal. By the book lts or any different locations the cats are installed other than stock are illegal.

If he dosent want an ls6 intake which idk why he wouldnt considering hes already got lts then just cut the egr and delete the code.
yep, isn't it federal law in all 50 states the cats stay in the same place so i'm at a loss why he would want to keep the EGR and AIR
Old 03-06-2011, 02:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by King Nothing
yep, isn't it federal law in all 50 states the cats stay in the same place so i'm at a loss why he would want to keep the EGR and AIR
Yea if the shop goes by the book then none of us pass unless you can go to a shop where you know someone or they dont give a damn. There are definatly those places
I figure if the codes are deleted then thats the big thing cause you should be able to find a place where they dont care to look to hard.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea if the shop goes by the book then none of us pass unless you can go to a shop where you know someone or they dont give a damn. There are definatly those places
I figure if the codes are deleted then thats the big thing cause you should be able to find a place where they dont care to look to hard.
Exactly. Mine passed.. H/C/I/E with ORY. I just didn't say a damn thing. Just a OBD check here.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:55 PM
TECH Veteran

yep lol and i'm in **** california so unless it's untouched i'm fucked lol
Old 03-06-2011, 02:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
Exactly. Mine passed.. H/C/I/E with ORY. I just didn't say a damn thing. Just a OBD check here.
thats what we might be goin to here in cali but they'll check the computer for everything supposedly . . . i hate this state lol
Old 03-06-2011, 08:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
It definatly helped us out when CT started allowing smaller shops to do emissions a few years ago

Originally Posted by King Nothing
yep lol and i'm in **** california so unless it's untouched i'm fucked lol
Its hard for me to think about Cali and not get political so ill just say your state sucks more than mine lol But not much more
Old 03-07-2011, 10:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Its hard for me to think about Cali and not get political so ill just say your state sucks more than mine lol But not much more
the only good things here are we don't have flash floods, no tornado's and i've barely felt an earthquake in 1989 . . . other than that i hate it here lol the laws are a joke and it's amazing what people will waste their taxes on and let LEO's get let go so the environment can look nicer

Quick Reply: egr pipe mod...