Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

random miss feels like a rev limiter

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default random miss feels like a rev limiter

i have this miss, and data logged it, it feels like a rev limiter at several different RPMs, i showed a pic of the log, if anyone wants to look at the actual file i can email it.
its fine under WOT most times, but does it there somethimes... its more prominent at mid throttle
Old 03-06-2011, 11:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like your injectors cleary stop cycling in @ least two of the missfires. Have you been changing values in the injector pulse width tables? In two others, the pulse width is higher. So, it may also be spark table, coil/wire or PCM issue related. Could also be a PCM wiring or conection issue. I have had injector wires pull out of the connector slightly. Check each wire to connector connection. The wire can look as though it's in the connector, but be loose inside. Obviously, also check PCM wiring to coils, plug wires & coils.

Missfires caused by mutiple sources tend to be PCM related. However, this is not always the case.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To me it looked like it was cutting fuel and spark, the pcm hasn't been messed with as far as fuel and spark goes... and ran fine until like a week ago, then it just started this crap... I got a better log of it last night, ill post it when im at home with my laptop it looks terrible like a million spikes... irk think it could be spark plug related? Ive checked all the wiring harness and connections and all seem fine but its raining here so I can't mess with it anymore unless I get my turbo car finished and out of my garage