Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have "new" TSP ORY pics?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 03:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have "new" TSP ORY pics?

Does anybody have any pics of the TSP ORY? I saw their catted Y has a flowmaster style merge. Does the ORY come with it as well? The pic on the website would indicate otherwise. Visual confirmation would be awesome.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:06 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes there ory comes with the flowmaster style merge,its a really nice y pipe,its a pain in the *** to get it to fit right but for the price its a good deal,this y pipe cut a lot of rasp out of my exhaust,
Old 03-07-2011, 11:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Old 03-07-2011, 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

opps, last 2 are header collectors...
Old 03-07-2011, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've seen/read that their y-pipe is kinda shitty... and it's reccomended to actually buy the flowmaster merge seperatly...and cut/weld yourself/exhaust shop....type in the serch option above....I haven't read too many good reviews about the tsp ory...theirs a couple of pics/post of horrible merges dealing with this ory...good pipe to customize though...
Old 03-07-2011, 03:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by justin hover
I've seen/read that their y-pipe is kinda shitty... and it's reccomended to actually buy the flowmaster merge seperatly...and cut/weld yourself/exhaust shop....type in the serch option above....I haven't read too many good reviews about the tsp ory...theirs a couple of pics/post of horrible merges dealing with this ory...good pipe to customize though...
That is probably regarding their old y-pipe. Their new design is alot better. It may not be as good as the flowmaster merge, but would be a great option for those who just want to bolt on and go.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1998flamedCamaro
That is probably regarding their old y-pipe. Their new design is alot better. It may not be as good as the flowmaster merge, but would be a great option for those who just want to bolt on and go.
yeah..your right...I didn't know they updated it...
it does look alot better...
Old 03-07-2011, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

They updated the design? The pictures above look just like the one i got from them in July. It fit like complete . I did end up getting it on the car but the driver side end of the Y pipe is only about 75% on the header collector and the passenger side is only about 50% on the collector. It would go 100% on both collectors if you left one side off, but as soon as you try to put both sides on the collector at the same time is where the problems start.
I had SLP headers and y-pipe on my LS1 and that y-pipe fit perfectly.It slid right on. What's the deal with this TSP y-pipe being in 4 pieces anyway? Is it just to cut down on shipping charges or what?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:09 PM
TECH Addict

Looking at there site it says "TSP 3" High Flow Y Pipe For Pacesetter, and Hooker Headers"
I believe everyone who has had problem have TSP 1 7/8" headers.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
They updated the design? The pictures above look just like the one i got from them in July. It fit like complete . I did end up getting it on the car but the driver side end of the Y pipe is only about 75% on the header collector and the passenger side is only about 50% on the collector. It would go 100% on both collectors if you left one side off, but as soon as you try to put both sides on the collector at the same time is where the problems start.
I had SLP headers and y-pipe on my LS1 and that y-pipe fit perfectly.It slid right on. What's the deal with this TSP y-pipe being in 4 pieces anyway? Is it just to cut down on shipping charges or what?
I couldn't have said it better. That is exactly what hapless to me when in installed mine. It was a bitch. The merge on it is good, but the fitment sucks. And on the driver side it hangs down a bit, which is just annoying. I don't see why is has to come in so many pieces either. 1 or 2 would have been nice, but 4 was just a PITA.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:37 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
I also bought mine around summer time 2010 and had a difficult time installing mine. I thought it was just my particular car was a p.o.s. . I had to use a few different floor jacks to jam it all together and it still doesn't fit 100% correct. I have the same symptoms as you where the Y won't slip onto the collectors correctly (pacesetters). It's almost as if a few of the bends are just ever so slightly off to where it WILL go on but its just a pain in the ***.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

and then I go back to my post where I said I've read nothing but shitty reviews on this ory....lol.. it is confirmed...
Old 03-08-2011, 09:35 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by justin hover
and then I go back to my post where I said I've read nothing but shitty reviews on this ory....lol.. it is confirmed...
Yea, lol. Glad I didn't go with the tsp ypipe then. I was just going to unbolt my pacesetter ypipe and sell it and install and tsp ypipe. Looks like I will just get a flowmaster merge and install it on my pacesetter y.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:14 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We send this y-pipe in 4 pieces so people have some room for adjustments depending on the car. I have personally installed a few of these, even on our 1 7/8" headers and had next to no issues. We keep the tolerances tight so you don't experience any leaks. If you want something that hugs closer to the car you might grab a pacesetter y-pipe as they are crushed on the driver side.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JohnJanz@Texas-Speed
We send this y-pipe in 4 pieces so people have some room for adjustments depending on the car. I have personally installed a few of these, even on our 1 7/8" headers and had next to no issues. We keep the tolerances tight so you don't experience any leaks. If you want something that hugs closer to the car you might grab a pacesetter y-pipe as they are crushed on the driver side.
First of all i Love TSP's products, I have bought a number of different parts from them. They do great work and have great customer service. But.....
I don't believe the issue here is something that hugs closer to the car, it is that you can't get both sides of the y-pipe all the way on the collectors. It is not just 1 person here having problems with the y-pipe fitment, there have been many people post about there problems getting the TSP y-pipe to fit correctly.

"We keep the tolerances tight so you don't experience any leaks".
wouldn't the fact that you can't get both sides of the y-pipe completely on the collecters cause some concern for a leak?
I'm not trying to give TSP a hard time, but something should be done to prevent people who buy this y-pipe in the future having such a hard time to get it installed correctly.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Launching!

so who has a ORY that fits good for about the same price?
Old 03-08-2011, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

mine fits pretty good besides the merge. im running a floor mounted torque arm relocation bracket with a drive shaft loop. the merge is so big theres not much clearance but eventually i got it to fit with out any rubbing. im running pacesetters to. just took some time to get it right. im sure if i didnt have the torque arm relocation it would have been 100 times easier and would have been right the first time i put it on.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

The pipe is cheap $ wise...but a good one to chop/customize.....
alot of signatures with the tsp setup simply because of $...
Old 03-08-2011, 07:47 PM
10 Second Club

Well just for the record mine fit great
Old 03-08-2011, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

my bros y pipe also fits great.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have "new" TSP ORY pics?