Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinion On These Headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion On These Headers

Now before you say what POS headers, let me say that these are designed for an LSx S10 V8 conversion. Now they certainly appear to be a bit shorter than your typical long tube header. Also it looks like there are a few pretty sharp bends.

I personally don't have much knowledge about headers; so if anyone cares so share some insight on how these might perform compared to a more conventionally designed long tube I'm all ears.

P.S. I've sent an email out to find out more info on the actual primary length. Will post any info on that i get.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im not expert, but they may be designed that way because a traditional style header won't work with that application. I know when I put a lt1 in my old luv truck I had custom headers fabbed up that were defiantly not traditional by any means.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 94Z28-MSTGKLR
Im not expert, but they may be designed that way because a traditional style header won't work with that application. I know when I put a lt1 in my old luv truck I had custom headers fabbed up that were defiantly not traditional by any means.
Yes you are right about that, I think what I want to say is they're basically priced like any long tube header but I don't know what kind of improvement I can expect. And I realize that header selection for an S10 conversion is pretty limited. So I'm just trying to get some thoughts on these
Old 03-16-2011, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, they aint gonna win no beauty contest,, but they got some pretty good length, dont know about that immediate hard bend on the back two primaries though, and they flow well into the collector.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are those stainless? They appear to be the ones you have to install around the frame...correct? Ask in the LSX section of s10forum.com about a set of CPW LTs for sale. I think there were a couple of sets of those for sale that nobody every mounted up. I bought the sanderson shorties and I hate them...and I haven't even installed them yet.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ss454327
Are those stainless? They appear to be the ones you have to install around the frame...correct? Ask in the LSX section of s10forum.com about a set of CPW LTs for sale. I think there were a couple of sets of those for sale that nobody every mounted up. I bought the sanderson shorties and I hate them...and I haven't even installed them yet.
They're steel ceramic coated, and they are an inside the frame design. Ok I'll take a look at the CPW ones, and I'll keep in mind to avoid the sandersons hehe.

Quick Reply: Opinion On These Headers