Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP lid issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 06:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP lid issue

Ok, well I have never in my life seen something give me more hell than this thing. If my motor mounts were letting my engine sag AT ALL, would it cause the tabs on the lid to be a pain in the *** to get them down just barely low enough to slid into the holes? Also I couldn't get it to push down anywhere near low enough with the SLP bellow on I had to use the damn accordian. Any sggestions or help would be great.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your motor mounts sagging can definitely cause a problem with the lid fitting. My SLP lid tabs on the back don't slide in all the way either. They slide in just enough to hold it down and be able to clip the front in. Just out of curiosity what filter are you using? Some filters can actually cause lid fitment issues as well.

As for the smooth bellows, what part isn't going on? Did you try boiling it to soften it up a little before putting it on the car???
Old 03-17-2011, 07:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by KTK Z28
Your motor mounts sagging can definitely cause a problem with the lid fitting. My SLP lid tabs on the back don't slide in all the way either. They slide in just enough to hold it down and be able to clip the front in. Just out of curiosity what filter are you using? Some filters can actually cause lid fitment issues as well.

As for the smooth bellows, what part isn't going on? Did you try boiling it to soften it up a little before putting it on the car???
Bellow goes on fine it just pushes the back of the lid up so damn high I have to put all my weight on it to get it to go down to push the tabs in. I am using a fram paper filter. And I just went out there and finally got it all on bellow and all but there is alot of pressure pushing back up on the back of the lid it looks like. Cause the tabs are slightly bent from pressure. I am so not looking forward to doing my LT swap here in a few days and having to take that damn thing back off and fight it again to get it back on.......

Also should I be able to notice a difference with this lid when driving cause I don't....
Old 03-17-2011, 07:36 PM
TECH Veteran

^ When I had it, I had to push down a little in the center and push back on it. Get the back pins lined up, push the lid down and push back. I bought that lid back in 04 or so. The lids have shown a solid 5hp gain over stock. Not a huge SOTP difference, my Ported TB was more of a difference, but the lid will be more and more effective the farther you get into modding.

Originally Posted by PheonixLS1
Ok, well I have never in my life seen something give me more hell than this thing. If my motor mounts were letting my engine sag AT ALL, would it cause the tabs on the lid to be a pain in the *** to get them down just barely low enough to slid into the holes? Also I couldn't get it to push down anywhere near low enough with the SLP bellow on I had to use the damn accordian. Any sggestions or help would be great.
You wanna trade back? In a way I'm oddly attached to that lid and kinda wish I didn't sell it. It fit great on mine. I've got an FTP98mm lid I'm not fond of.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
^ When I had it, I had to push down a little in the center and push back on it. Get the back pins lined up, push the lid down and push back. I bought that lid back in 04 or so. The lids have shown a solid 5hp gain over stock. Not a huge SOTP difference, my Ported TB was more of a difference, but the lid will be more and more effective the farther you get into modding.

You wanna trade back? In a way I'm oddly attached to that lid and kinda wish I didn't sell it. It fit great on mine. I've got an FTP98mm lid I'm not fond of.
I didn't buy my lid from you only the bellow......
Old 03-17-2011, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

Maybe try trimming the bellow at an angle to take some of the pressure off the lid so it does not push it forward? That is what I did on my last TA this one I am just sticking with stocker for now theres no gain in power and stock one fits better!