Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flowmaster vs Magnaflow collector

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flowmaster vs Magnaflow collector

So i'm getting things together for when I finally install my headers and exhaust.
Just bought my cutout, now looking for a flowmaster collector for my ory.
Phoned up my parts store (which is pretty far away) and they told me they had 4 on the shelf.
Drove all the way out only to have them tell me that they don't have any.... ok..

So instead he brings me a magnaflow one, which as you can see is pretty different, and I didn't feel like waiting a month for them to order the flowmaster, so i picked up this one.

Anyways, what do you think of this collector? Will there be any difference between it and the ever popular flowmaster?
Attached Thumbnails Flowmaster vs Magnaflow collector-photo0278.jpg   Flowmaster vs Magnaflow collector-photo0279.jpg  
Old 04-26-2011, 04:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The merge on the flowmaster looks smoother. What's the inlet and outlet diameters?
Old 04-26-2011, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it looks like the inlet and outlet diameters are pretty reduced and the flowmaster looks to be smoother like all ready said...since you're running a cutout I truly can't imagine you losing that much power versus the flowmaster design....
Old 04-26-2011, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Cumbias
What's the inlet and outlet diameters?
its dual 3" to single 3"

going to be 3" right from the headers, with a 3" cutout right after the Y
Old 04-28-2011, 12:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Dual 3in to single 3in wont flow the best. The Flowmaster would outflow it significantly. two 3in pipes slammed into a single 3in pipe would be a choke point. There's a reason why the flowmaster is dual 3in to single 3.5in, physics.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Wait a month? Ever heard of the internet?

Seriously, tell them to shove it for not knowing the difference between 4 and 0.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:08 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Cumbias
Dual 3in to single 3in wont flow the best. The Flowmaster would outflow it significantly. two 3in pipes slammed into a single 3in pipe would be a choke point. There's a reason why the flowmaster is dual 3in to single 3.5in, physics.
the flowmaster merge comes in assorted sizes, not just 3" to 3.5"...

OP i think you should be ok with that merge. I have a flowmaster merge and a magnaflow merge right here now and they both look to transition well. If your not doing a max effort build you will be fine. It is light years ahead of the merges most ppl on this board are running(pacesetter, etc..).

Quick Reply: Flowmaster vs Magnaflow collector