Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what torque arm for true duels?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what torque arm for true duels?

Hello all,
I wanted to ask the true duel guys and gal what arm works best for them? Fit with clearance and any issues or if and vendors know if they have a good setup for duels.
Thanks
Old 05-11-2011, 09:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Most shouldnt be an issue as far as im aware because only Kooks and one other company (cant remember the name) make them to go over the rear axle the rest usually dump before the axle. Ill be installing Kooks true duals today if it shows up Im running a UMI torque arm reclocated to the trans crossmember Ill post if there are an issues.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:39 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

If you already have the true duals you are going to want to stay away from the shorter style torque arm because you will more than likely run into clearance issues between the exhasut and the torque arm. What I would recommend would be a full length adjustable torque arm (TA001) and a torque arm relocation crossmember, this is pretty much the ideal setup to give you the most clearance possible. Here are a couple pictures.
Attached Thumbnails what torque arm for true duels?-ta001r.jpg   what torque arm for true duels?-tcc007r.jpg  

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks Kyle thats what I was trying to say, but you said it better. I still need to order your DSL to finish my set up, BUT the previous dumbass that owned the car before me managed to rip the pass. side tunel brace bracket off the damn car so i have to figure that out first
Old 05-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Staging Lane

Im going to be running a 4l80e so the relocation bracket for an 80 and a full arm is best for duels.

Quick Reply: what torque arm for true duels?