Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with a Random Tech catback?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 10:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with a Random Tech catback?

Im am still having trouble deciding between the 2. I have herd from teh magnaflow guys but have only heard from 1 random owner. Any info comparing the two would help. Im looking for the loudest thing i can get with no or as little as possible rasp without going to true duels. And how much worse (if any) does the random flow over the magnaflow.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:37 PM
TECH Resident

I have the RT system with Mac headers and an ORP. There is rasp in the 2300 range. Using cats or a bullet muffler should cure it. Other than that it sounds great. Loud and deep but not as wild or untuned sounding as the Loudmouth. I have not heard a Magnaflow. I doubt there are many true muffled 3" systems that flow as much as the RT. The core goes straight thru it.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:26 PM
12 Second Club

how does a straight flow crossflow work? Im confused how something like this |__| can be straight thru without 1 side being fake?
Old 02-24-2004, 11:24 PM
TECH Resident

I'm not sure how the right side tailpipe on the RT system picks up the exhaust. Would have to cut the muffler open to see. Although more sound and exhaust comes out the driver's side, the passenger side is definitely flowing some.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've had mine for almost 5 years now, and I still love it! Although I have been thinking about switiching the muffler to the Dynomax Ultra-Flo, (only other 3" in/out crossflow I know of) as I can't imagine this muffler being too good for much longer, It was used when I bought, and I'm sure I've put 80k+ on it!
Old 02-25-2004, 11:30 AM
TECH Resident

i had the random tech system on my old lt1 camaro. the car had stock manifolds and no cats. it sounds very nice and i loved that exhaust system. it had a very deep tone and absolutely screamed at WOT. at cruise it was very tame. almost to much for me. it didn't drone very bad at all. to this day i have not seen a better catback IMO. did i mention, i loved that catback