Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new ls1

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new ls1

hey guys im gunning for an ls1 in the next few short months, i do have kids and it does snow a bit here. Do these cars do well with blizzacs in the snow? I know its a dumb question but i cant find any info on it. I had a 1993 trans am with full bolt ons and decided to get a gtp and do full bolt ons and it is just not the same lo. so im selling it and my regal gs and getting a ws6 and just dealing with kids and snow. its worth it. What r the best bolt ons to get me started, cai, lt's, and tune? does the stock catback hold back much power with lt's?
Old 05-20-2011, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I can hear the cussing now... "******* snow, what am I doing driving a WS6 in this bull **** weather?"

I wouldn't know how they do in the snow, but I felt it necessary to make a smart *** post because I think it's a shame a nice ride is going to get put through the hell of snowy winters and icy roads with salt and ****.

Honestly, I don't think that it'll be any worse than your '93. I say go for it... just be careful out there. I'm sure the kiddies will enjoy a safe 2 or 3 second WOT run once in a while too.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:09 PM
12 Second Club

I drove my car everyday on 275 bfg ss a/s with 150lbs in the trunk. I personally loved the ws6 catback sounded great with manifolds and gutted cats. Got more compliments than the firehawk catback I'm testing on the car but be assured I'm keeping my ws6 catback near by
Old 05-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Teching In

I drove my 95 LT1 in the snow in Massachusetts the whole winter. Did it again in my 01SS. No issues except the obvious ones lol. Can't drive it in the blizzards, I drove my truck in those days. No issues below 3" of snow with either my camaros.
I can't buy a car to be stored because of weather. lol

just drive carefully.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:30 PM
TECH Resident

thanks guys. I actually grew up in north dakota and am very familiar with ice and snow. I should have added thought that i am in colorado springs now and barely see snow and if i do they dont use salt....they use sand lol, so you really have to stay off peoples bumper. To be honest i never really drove my 1993 in the snow, and when i did it had z rated street tires and no weight so it was terrible.

All in all im gunna say damn the torpedos and just jump in and get a ws6 asap. I already know my 4 year old step son loves it, he even cried when i sold my 1993 lol, and my newborn is actually mine so theres no question how he will feel lol.

I even got the ok from the wife haha

Do you think 8 or 9 grand will get me a decent one?