Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT's are beating up my floorboard.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 09:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive got poly engine mounts with headers and cam, and i think it feels pretty close to stock and my exhaust never bangs. it did before, i pulled my old mounts out and they were seperating and in nearly two pieces. lol.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by will8908
So I got some kooks LT's installed, and just like I've read on here, they hit the floor when I get in it any. I've read the common fix is the poly motor mounts. Just wondering if anyone has done this with success. Ive heard installing those will fix the headers hitting the floor problem but makes the car shake terribly (with a cam, I have a cam).

On the other hand, is there any risk/issue with just dealing with them hitting the floor?
Yes, and I'll be able to tell you hopefully soon. Just have to get starter, fans & radiator in and will know how the poly engine/trany mount help.

I just saw the marks where it did hit. But nothing major I could see happened from it.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by usafws6
ive got poly engine mounts with headers and cam, and i think it feels pretty close to stock and my exhaust never bangs. it did before, i pulled my old mounts out and they were seperating and in nearly two pieces. lol.
same here, mine were torn up pretty bad. Either crap GM part or I was putting some serious torque on the ole engine

Both Engine mounts were in two pieces, trany definitely needed replacing.

btw: It was easier for me at least to just undo the cradle 4 bolts on each side, and then the engine mounts from the engine. seemed to us a ton easier than just trying to wiggle the mounts out of place and back in.