Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mods please dont move need help LS1 Experts/anyone come in

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mods please dont move need help LS1 Experts/anyone come in

UPDATE: mod please dont move the thread, last time that I posted here I actually got help, so please just let me resolve this issue since on general maintenance I don't get help and people chime in please I would deeply appreciated

UPDATE 2: I did almost a complete tune up again, plugs, wires, 02s, even got a alternator and brand new battery its doing it less but the problems its still their

Ok when I bought my camaro 1 year ago it was as fast as any stock z28, i've done so many things to it here is the list

LT1 radiator swapAC Delco Iridium spark plugs with Duralast wires changed oil with full synthetic and Mobile One filter Changed the fuel filter 5k milesago Cleaned themafreallygood with mafcleaner sefoamed the car clean my K&N Filter (with water only left it sitting one day) changed my coolant Installed headers,qtp ypipeand magnaflow exhaust changed o2swith corvetteone's

Not sure if im missing something but thats pretty much it

Ok, so sometimes when I drive my car well lets put it this way every morning and once in a while my car gets stuck at 40mph and the rpm guage rises likeits not going into the next gear like getting stuck but I have to press the gas pedal more so its goes into 3rd I believe (auto with2 .73) and i have to give it more gas to get the tranny to upshift

So would something in my tranny be wrong or something is causing this loss of power, how can I diagnose it?
Old 06-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you had this problem the entire time you owned the car?
Old 06-06-2011, 11:50 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Why would the moderators move this?

Sounds like you're having transmission problems. Maybe the solenoids are getting stuck.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

they moved it twice already :p

No I guess after I began the modding process and after doing maintenance
Old 06-06-2011, 02:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

I said before, I think it is a transmission problem. What you are describing sounds very hard for us to diagnose over the internet. You need to bite the bullet and take the car to a qualified mechanic and have the problem properly diagnosed.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the RPM is climbing a good deal and the MPH isn't changing, then I think your transmission is slipping.

When it finally accelerates again, does it slam forward or just start accelerating?
Old 06-06-2011, 02:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
Why would the moderators move this?
This is the internal engine section, this thread is a maintenance type thread, or possibly a trans thread depending on what you think is the problem. It definitely does not belong in this section. Rules are rules, don't shoot the messenger.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:25 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

AHHHH gotcha. Very well then-move it to where it belongs.....
Old 06-06-2011, 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not really this is an external engine type question

Im trying to look for opinions please dont bash at me and say "just take it to a mecanic" im not saying im going to get a "professional diagnostic here " just opinions
Old 06-06-2011, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mike454SS
If the RPM is climbing a good deal and the MPH isn't changing, then I think your transmission is slipping.

When it finally accelerates again, does it slam forward or just start accelerating?
It just accelerates doesnt give a huge bump aldo i tried to use 1,2,3 and the car doesnt seem to feel different or have rpms higher than overdrive like if they were out
Old 06-06-2011, 02:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by needtransam

Im trying to look for opinions please dont bash at me and say "just take it to a mecanic" im not saying im going to get a "professional diagnostic here " just opinions
Your car not shifting properly is not an external engine question...its a transmission question. You can post the question here, but the transmission people who can answer your transmission questions are in the transmission forum.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds like a Trans problem. Belongs in the trans section. You should take it to a shop before tinkering yourself. Last thing you want to do is create multiple problems by changing more than 1 thing at a time.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Teching In

to me it sounds like your bands are worn in your tranny and causing a slip. But like said earlier, hard to give good diagnosis over the internet
Old 06-06-2011, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes i should just take it to a tranny guy but the main reason i posted here is if something else can cause this like a bad injector cause at WOT my car feels like a beast, in crusing speeds it feels slow like loss of power, feels sluggish and slow

Last edited by needtransam; 06-06-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:18 PM
TECH Junkie

a bad injector wouldnt cause the issues you describe. It feels like a beast at cruising speeds because your trans isn't slipping. Once you hit the gas and the trans has to handle the increase Hp/Tq, it can't handle it and then you have your issues.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

No it isn't, no matter how much you want to believe it is. I'm gonna let it sit here for a while and see how it goes.....

Dude if you think that's bashing you aren't cut out for the internet. You came for advice, and thats my advice. I highly doubt we can diagnose this over the internet. I love people who come for advice, but reject the advice they don't like.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
No it isn't, no matter how much you want to believe it is. I'm gonna let it sit here for a while and see how it goes.....

Dude if you think that's bashing you aren't cut out for the internet. You came for advice, and thats my advice. I highly doubt we can diagnose this over the internet. I love people who come for advice, but reject the advice they don't like.
No I got you what you said, didnt meant to be disrispectful I just meant that I know you can't diagnose a car over the internet but thats what the forums are for, to ask and get a second opinion or probably someone has the same issues as you and he can guide you in fixing it
Old 06-06-2011, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
a bad injector wouldnt cause the issues you describe. It feels like a beast at cruising speeds because your trans isn't slipping. Once you hit the gas and the trans has to handle the increase Hp/Tq, it can't handle it and then you have your issues.
Sorry I didn't post correctly I meant that at WOT my car feels really powerful
but in crusing speed it feels slow, sluggish out of power only when not in WOT
Old 06-06-2011, 03:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Can you make us a video? That would be our only hope at helping you.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Can you make us a video? That would be our only hope at helping you.
Not a bad idea at all I will

Also, I did port and polish the maf housing a long time ago, after reading I realized it was the stupides mistake I have ever done so I bought anohter stock housing and slapped my stock MAF in their, could the time that I drove the car with the P&P MAF cause the tranny to give out?