Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor Mounts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor Mounts?

I'm planning on doing a header swap in the future, and I was just curious if new motor mounts are necessary. I keep reading they are a pain in the butt and take forever to do, so I was just curious if I could install my headers and not worry about the MM. Or would there be fitment issues? Thanks guys.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

Go ahead and do the mounts, Alot of guys found out the hard way that doing mounts while headers are in is a bigger pain in the *** than doing them during your header install.
Headers are easier to get in as well and your y pipe wont bang on the floorboard. ood luck and just be patient.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:28 PM
TECH Regular

do poly mounts while your manifolds are out before you put the headers in... once my manifolds were out all in all it took about two hours to swap the mounts stoping every 5 minutes to drink some beer... be patient with them as said before and be ready to have a torch ready to seperate the clamshell... the rubber mounts are "bonded" to the shell... one of mine popped without having to use some heat but the other needed the heat... i didnt have a vise to hold the mounts but i highly suggest using one while drilling and i had to use a 3 pound hammer to push the poly mounts in... ws6 store has a polly motor mount and tranny mount combo for sale around 60 bucks i think i paid... once again though patience is your friend and dont tighten bolts as you put them in... just get them started in order to line up the pedestal and the clamshell... also do them one side at a time... i did my drivers side completely...uninstall to reinstall and tightend down before i even touched the passenger side... good luck